Has anyone tried the 3D Gaming Goggles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Hi,

I have an extra $100 layin around that I saved when I traded in my 8800 GTS 640 on a sweet new 8800 GT. I have been looking for something cool to spend it on. I thought about a little closed circuit water cooling for the card, or maybe a separate 80 gig HD just for XP Gaming.

Then I stumbled upon THESE and thought, wow, now THAT looks cool!

http://edimensional.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=28&osCsid=c5ee542dc2476fc211feb7036dcd48df

wirelessparts.jpg

Wireless 3D Goggles! What fun!

Only question is, do they actually work? Of course the website says they are the most amazing thing ever, but one would expect them to say that.

Has anyone here ever tried these and if so, what did you think? Are there any other products like these that are well-received that are at the same price-point? Thanks in-advance!

mitchellvii

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
UPDATE:

These do not currently work with Vista. They are working on the drivers for that (geesh guys, how long can it take?). Apparently Vista is a challenging environment for stereoscopic video drivers.

spongebob

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2004
Edit/Correction: Apparently Vista is a challenging environment for [strike]stereoscopic video[/strike] drivers.

g35fan

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Just updating this thread - the Edimmensional glasses aren't that great - at all. I had both CRT and LCD monitors and the refresh rate needs to be high to get any kind of effect going - over 100hz I think - so you can scratch trying it on a 60hz LCD.

I paid I think $45 for Edimmensional and another set from a different manufacturer. Both results were the same for me. Horrible eye strain and could barely see 3d effects if at all. I would think I would start to see something but for me it was like those "3d posters" where a spacecraft or object would pop out of the screen - sometimes I'd think i'd start to see some cool effect and then I'd lose it right away. I was trying play Half life and Half life2 along with online multiplayer Counter Strike. Maybe there was better performance with other games but again - I was disappointed. I wasted hours tyring to calibrate them and try with different nvidia drivers.

I would however love to get my hands on the true goggles which display the screen inside of them - not using a monitor - I've only seen 800x600 resolutions and it's not wrap-around vision - it's just like looking at a 60" screen from 7' away. Kind of like that old gameboy screen...what was it called? I used to strap that thing on my face and lay in bed playing mario. freakin awesome!

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
i got em and have never tried them LOL! we bought the motion sensitive game controller, but they sent me the $100 goggles, lol! they let me keep em to make up for the delay in getting my controller :p they r sitting about half a metre from my feet in their FedEx package LOL

peis

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
Please see this new blog about Nvidia #d goggles : :bounce:

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/208540/nvidia-3d-vision-goggles/

Status
Not open for further replies.