ATI/AMD new AGP video card supporting DirectX 10.1

It's dead, there's just Zombified corpses walking around feasting on the living PCIe Chips :lol:

PS, I think Cleeve needs to get one of these for testing.

That would be the be-all / end-all of AGP tests IMO, DX10 high end PCIe vs AGP. Can't see it getting more difinitive than that on the current status and future of AGP.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
ati needs the sales maybe lol, I still kick myself for getting AGP on my before last system, pcie was just taking off and I figured it's not gonna last..

I guess that they figured out that a lot of people bought computer systems socket 939 with AGP and high frequency P4 with AGP and some of them do not want the bother of replacing the whole system since they serve their needs.

blade85

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006

or they bought high c2d systems that had both like some of the asrock boards. Even if the pci-e is only 4x.

What im more interested about is wether agp even has the required bandwidth to run those cards properly -_-

If they get them to stores by Xmas that will be impressive as usually the AGP version trails the PCIe version by months not weeks. More good news for the AGP luddites.... err I mean owners. :kaola: @ Paul.