Help on FINAL PARTS to PC build.

Hey guys, I just need some assurance on the final parts that I've chosen for my 1st build. Keep in mind I plan to overclock to 3.2 ghz to a core of 400 mhz:

1. Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 1333mhz FSB. // (side note: AC freezer 7 and Antec 900 case...)

2. Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R.....OR....EVGA 680i SLi (not sure which version, ppl just say that much)

3. Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory ...OR... Crucial Ballistix Tracer(with LEDS) 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory ( don't plan to change times or anything i think, but is there any difference at all?)

4. OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI ATX12V 600W Power Supply 100 - 240 V CB/CE/CSA/UL/FCC - OCZ600GXSSLI

5. Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Basically I need advice if this will build a solid computer. And comments on which MOTHERBOARD and MEMORY to choose are needed and would be very helpful. Most of u may know the feeling you get when building a PC and making sure everything is compatible and everything. I just want my first build to go smoothly. Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about help final parts build
  1. 2_Go for P35 DS3R if u dont want SLI, and go for 680i , if u want SLI
    SLI/CrossFire Faqs:
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/245454-15-crossfire-faqs

3_The main difference in those RAMs is their timings, what are their timings?
  2. Corsair XMS2 memory is better with Gigabyte boards. Ballistix works fine with EVGA or ASUS boards. The Tracer just has LEDs. Unless you are doing dual vid cards, SLi or standard dual, you do not need the 680i board. P35 is a better single card board.
  3. 1. Check

2. If money is tight:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127031&Tpk=ABIT%2bIP35-E

otherwise, get DS3R for a single video or 680i for SLI. The Abit is a good overclocker as well. Overclocking has more to do with luck & skills than the hardware per se. If you go to some o/c forums, you'll see they LOVE to o/c crap boards & slow cpus. Now THAT is a challenge.

3. Doesn't matter. They're the exact same specs except for the LED lights & the color of the heatspreaders. I'm getting the orange cuz I can't get 2 rebates for the same product. The orange will go with my black, then I might put the orange in my family pc & o/c the hell out of it. However, some say the Tracer runs hotter due to the LED. Maybe true. But the case is very cool. Right now it's 5-10'c less than normal. My room is cooler. I haven't used up all the fan mounts yet.

4. Check. Someone says he can't stand the high pitch whining when the psu is under load. If you're worried, there are other good brands such as Corsair, Antec Earthwatts, etc.

5. Check.
  4. Thanks Guys. All the advice was very helpful in my decision. Already in the process of ordering all the parts. One thing I was curious about though is if i can underclock the 800mhz to 667 mhz for the time being with my 1333mhz cpu. Just until I learn the right way to overclock the core CPU speed to 400mhz FSB.
  5. You don't need to underclock the ram. It'll be underclocked by default. Unless you make changes to BIOS. With that cpu, your ram will be at 667mhz.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Build Systems Product