I need some advice on my ATI x1900xt card

pmarlea

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
Hi people,

I have the A8R32-MVP Deluxe mobo and I have had the ATI x1900xt card for a while now but I wanted to upgrade by getting the x1900xt crossfire edition and finally running in crossfire mode. Well...I cant find this card anymore.
So my question is... should I just waiting and try finding it or should I buy this new 8800gt card I have been hearing about all over the place? Is it worth running in crossfire at this point anyway and will any other cards take advantage of this and be as good or better than the 8800 for similar price?

Thanks in advance!

The_OGS

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Hi pmarlea,
I have X1900XT (512MB) and it's a stout vidcard. But, yes - the XFire Edition or whatever (remember they used to have special Master vidcards) would be long-gone by now...
I guess the moral is, you gotta jump right on the SLI thing, none of this 'buy one now, add another later' stuff - it doesn't work.
Hey, I need a new 8800GT too (who doesn't?) but my 1900 handles everything, Oblivion, Crysis etc, for now.
But I have always believed if your video card is good enough, you need only one.
Since your old vidcard is better than 90% of other peoples, you should upgrade one of your friends to it and then buy your 8800, WTF why not...
I buy only single-PCIexpress mobos so the upgrade thing is never a temptation for me, heheh
Regards

At this point you really have to wait for the new ATI card out on the 15th i think and see what the performance is like then make a decision. The general rule of thumb is one good card is preferable to two mediocre cards in SLI/crossfire.
Mactronix