Iomega Value Series 1TB JBOD, convertible to RAID1?

adamfp01

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
I have searched for this quite a bit, to no avail. I recently purchased an Iomega Value Series 1TB external drive. This drive is set up as a JBOD from 2 500GB drives. Before I bought it, I found two posts stating that this drive can support RAID 1, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to do it.

I did since note that one of the posts was removed, but the other, which is a comment on amazon, seems to be written by a knowledgable person.

Long story short, I now have the drive, and can't seem to find any configuration options, software, utilities, nada. Does anyone know if anything can be done to the current configuration, or if I can make the controller change the setup to RAID 1? Even if i am stuck with JBOD, is there any way to see how it is configured? Iomega support is useless.

Any help would be fantastic.

thank you!

cosjoan

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Well, I think I know.
I had about the same trouble. I took a raid1 config with 2 2 tb hd's. Suddenly onde of the drives became a jbod.
I found out that that became of several partitions on the drive and raid1 assumes 1 partiotion.

So the solution should be: delete any partition just in windows, than delete all partitions and format the whole drive as 1 partition.

Connect the drive to a second sataport and now the drive should mirror himself to the bootdrive.

Let me know if I was right.

info@kijktuinen.org