Sign in with
Your question

C2D E6600 Core temp...

Last response: in Overclocking
February 7, 2008 9:29:38 PM

Ok, i've done quite a bit of searching on the net, and can't quite come up with whats considered an acceptable temp under load. According to the temp guide at the top of this forum, 75C+ is hot, 70C is Warm, 65C is safe, etc etc.

Now, i have my e6600 @ 3.0ghz 1.4v (stock Heatsink) with 2 instances of P95 running for several hours it never breached 71C. The system has been very stable since ive done that. What i am wondering is if i should be concerned about this? I am debating getting another heatsink, but i need to find a smaller one. I bought a tuniq tower back when i built this system christmas 2k6, and it is too tall to fit into the case i bought (praetorian 730).

something similar to it but with a 92mm fan would be great. I appreciate everyone's help on the topic.

More about : c2d e6600 core temp

February 7, 2008 9:38:20 PM

As long as your cpu doesn't hit 70C during normal usage, it's fine. Prime95 stresses the cores a lot, and normally you won't see such temps in most applications.
February 7, 2008 9:58:34 PM

Alright cool, yeah when i play Vanguard SOH, or Crysis it really doesn't even approach 60, so you think im GTG then?
February 7, 2008 10:07:28 PM

kutark said:
Alright cool, yeah when i play Vanguard SOH, or Crysis it really doesn't even approach 60, so you think im GTG then?

Yeah, it doesn't see like you do anything cpu intensive.
!