GA-K8NSNXP audio issues

dimothy

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Hi all,

Bit of an old board now i know but am having some problems with it. The issue is more of a settings issue but one I was hoping someone here might be able to help me with.

I have a GA-K8NSNXP and am trying to use the onboard audio to supply music to my speakers (left/right/centre and sub), while also allowing me to use a mic for skype.

My speakers require two audio connectors to provide sound to all my speakers. Have installed those and get some nice sound from them. The mic is plugged in and by turning the mic volume up in the windows audio controls I can here myself talking.

The trouble is skype seems to not be outputting any sound nor registering any mic input (sounding more like a software issue the more I think about it). Is this perhaps because i have tried to wrestle the audio jack setup to my whims using the Gigabyte Sound Manager program that came with the audio drivers? Or is it more likely to be a software (i.ie Skype issue)?

Thanks in advance

Tim

cfvh600

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
Try re-installing skype to see if it fixes the problem. Also try the latest version from their website.Hope you can get it fixed.