Sign in with
Your question

Wireless connectivity problem

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 20, 2009 6:05:56 PM

I just built a new desktop with a gigabyte motherboard. I planed on using a netgear wireless g usb 2.0 adapter i got. When i first installed the adapter it was working perfectly. Then i installed all the drivers for the motherboard. (one of which was the Ethernet) right after i did this, my wireless stopped working. I then uninstalled all the programs from the gigabyte cd which i could (from the ad/remove hardware) but still, my wireless is shotty at best, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I operate on windows xp 64, is there anyway in which i can solve this problem.

Thank you for your help.
February 20, 2009 8:12:43 PM

There might be compatibility problems when it comes to 64bit windows verify from netgear tech support if thay have available drivers for 64bit .
February 23, 2009 4:09:29 PM

I am having almost the same problem, except I am not using 64. Its a driver issue i believe, because I was not having any issue at all until I reinstalled all the drivers from the cd and this time included the Ethernet driver. Try backing up your files and reinstalling windows to remove all the drivers and then reinstall only the drivers you want.
!