Sign in with
Your question

Good motherboard for q6600

Last response: in Overclocking
February 8, 2008 5:20:01 PM

Im getting ready to order my q6600 tomorrow. What is a good motherboard to go with it?
Should i go with Nvidia or Intel chipset?
I really would like some help.

Thanks.

More about : good motherboard q6600

February 8, 2008 8:49:43 PM

That really depends on what you want to do with your system. If you want to do SLI, go with a 780i mobo. If you want to do Crossfire, go with a X38 mobo.

If you don't want to do either, go with the P35, more particularly Asus P5k-e
February 9, 2008 1:09:31 AM

P5k-e ftw !!! im pretty new to OC also , and i did 2.4 to 3.4 easy !!!

and its also a cheap mobo ! very good purchase for me !!!

And bios option r awsome !
Related resources
February 9, 2008 2:48:44 PM

If you are looking for a nice MOBO for a good price, check out the GA-P35-DS3L. It doesn't do RAID, or Firewire, but it's worked out nicely for me, and it seems there are a good amount of people who have one, so if you do run into problems, there are plenty of people to use as resources.

$90 on Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Just don't tell Cnu that I told you to buy a Gigabyte.
February 10, 2008 1:52:42 PM

Eh, those are pretty good. But if your looking for some real overclocking power and are on a budget try a P5N-E SLI. This is the board I chose and so far it's working out phenomenally. I did a little research and found out exactly what this board can do. So, the world is your oyster.
February 10, 2008 3:08:07 PM

Persichetti said:
Eh, those are pretty good. But if your looking for some real overclocking power and are on a budget try a P5N-E SLI. This is the board I chose and so far it's working out phenomenally. I did a little research and found out exactly what this board can do. So, the world is your oyster.

How is your Q6600 running in it?

In general the 6 series from nVidia don't OC quads well, some do and some don't. It's very hit or miss.

If you want cheap the Blood Iron does well. (From MotherboardPro though, Newegg is overcharging like crazy).

It will hit 3.2 GHz no problem, just don't try to push for 3.6 GHz, I moved to a P5K-E for that and I don't think it can be beat (for the money).
!