Sign in with
Your question

Email settings

Last response: in Windows XP
March 27, 2010 12:25:03 AM

Hello: I am new to this forum and I have Windows XP (I guess that's obvious, right?) and recently had to delete my Gmail account due to hackers in Google servers overtaking my account, changing the password, sending out fradulent emails to my contacts, etc., etc. Since this nightmare occurred, and I've switched my email to Comcast.net, and I've had problems getting my default (Comcast) email system properly installed (according to a windows popup when I attempt to send a web page, etc. through my email to a friend). I constantly receive the message that the email default is not correctly installed. I go to Tools, Internet options, and then open the drop-down email choices, but of course there is only Outlook Express and Hotmail listed, neither of which I want to use. I am given no other choices. I have no idea what to do next or how to fix this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

More about : email settings

March 27, 2010 3:08:01 AM

What email program are you using?
m
l
March 27, 2010 2:07:41 PM

Comcast.net (which comes with high-speed internet from Comcast).
m
l
Related resources
March 28, 2010 3:23:52 AM

You're using their webmail at their website or POP3 mail on Outlook, Win Mail or Thunderbird?
m
l
June 17, 2011 3:03:46 PM

Graywolf (or anyone)
I am trying to help a friend who's on Juno and wants to change from that. What emailer would you suggest for someone on XP, not knowledgeable about computers (nor wanting to be). It should be easy to use since she also has vision issues. ...I use a Mac and have suggested Outlook but also Postbox Express --- but am really hesitant since I don't know anything about PCs.
m
l
June 17, 2011 3:06:36 PM

PS, the suggestion was Postbox Express, if she was using Windows 7 --- I've written her asking what she was using; it's likely it's still XP.
m
l
June 17, 2011 4:28:02 PM

BetsRC you want people to answer your question??? Open a new post, people usually ignore people that are hijacking other people's posts.

If I am not mistaken it is mentioned in the board rules.
m
l
June 17, 2011 4:37:01 PM

Sorry! In desperation to answer a friend's request, I hunted online (why didn't she? She's got macular degeneration and spends little time online.) and found that thread. I had no intention of "highjacking" anything. I'll look around for how to start a new post or perhaps find the answer elsewhere.
m
l
June 17, 2011 5:05:07 PM

Thank you!
m
l
!