cpus cant work after 2 weeks leave it

daltero

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2007
hi..i got a problems...with my pc desktop which is normal capacity 256 Ram -Pentium 3- i use it as for school project only. after my semester break i came baCK and found that my Pc cannot open as usual. there is message said system boot failure...until long list....why this does so...
do i have to format....other ways i can do...how...
pls......i dont have a backup....will be my files and assignment lost.......and can i do by myself ...if i have to ...where did i can get the cd to install back ....

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006

Only advice I have... since you were in school, please take another class of English. :oops:. o O (Sorry couldn't resist.)

:??: :( :??: :pt1cable:

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Hey Bytch.. how many lauguages are spoken/written on this forum.. nuff said. Not to mention how much of a flamer you can be.

I don't really flame anyone. Although I found it hard to understand the person, exactly, so how would they understand us when we reply? :p

Edit:

He bytch ... , Und ich fragte eine höfliche Art und Weise, nicht in einer Art und Weise unhöflich.

night_wolf_in

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
^alright u two. enough of it. grimmy didnt flame. and this thread is to help the dude.

do as evongugg said. u put the harddisk in another pc as slave (easier).

daltero

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2007
tHANKS TO YOU GUYS....

Take the hard disk out and put it in another computer or a USB enclosure and get your files off.
Or download a Linux LiveCD, boot off of it and copy your files to a USB flash drive.

WHAT THIS MEANS AT ALL...ACTUALLY ..I AM NOT REALLY KNOW ALL THIS COMPUTER HARDISK STUFF...IS IT MEANS I COPYING MY FILES USING MY FRIEND PC BACKUP FILES. AFTER THAT WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO WITH THE PC, IS IT INSTALL BACK THE HARDISK AND THERE IS NO BOOTING FAILURE MORE.
DOES YOUR GUYS INSTRUCTION TRYING TO TELLING ME THIS.

OR OTHERWISE/......IM SORRY ......

Check the Boot sequence in the Bios. You want to boot from the cd-rom, then hard drive.
After copying the files you need you can do a repair install or a fresh install of the operating system, if you wish to continue using the system.

OK, people. We usually work with enthusiasts of all levels of experience and skill. We forget that, for most PC users, a PC is a tool to get work done. And daltero's PC (tool) is broken. Everyone's suggestion assumes daltero knows more than he probably does. Most of the suggestions also assume that he has another computer available.

daltero, Here is what we think your problem is. You have a PC with bad Windows. Cannot load Windows. Schoolwork on it. No backups.

If you format the hard drive and reinstall Windows, you will lose your data files. All of the suggestions everyone made are ways to try to save your data.

The best thing for you to do is to ask someone at school for help. Anyone willing to help should know what to do. The simple thing to do is to open your computer, pull your hard drive, and install it in the other PC. Back up your data to CD. Make two backup CD's. Put your hard drive back in your PC. Now you can try to reinstall Windows. If you can install Windows without formatting the drive, Windows should your programs and your data. And if you must reformat and install Windows again, your data is safe on the CD's.

If you can not get help, go down town and buy the smallest hard drive you can. Make it the Master drive and your original drive the Slave. The dealer should be able to help. Install Windows on the Master drive. Use Windows to find your data on the other drive.

This is important. Your original drive may be failing. As soon as you can read from it, IMMEDIATELY copy the data somewhere else.

I hope this helps.

And you have also learned why backups are so important.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
daltero... what is your native language? Perhaps someone can help you better that way, or finding another forum that speaks your language would help more.

Most likely a bad boot sector. If you have Win 98 or 2000 you can start up by emergency floppy and then try to accessing your harddrive. If you are running XP you can try repairing win installation.