New version of the Crysis demo?

wingless

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
Why the hell do I have to pay to download the demo? Demos are supposed to be free by definition and I can't seem to find the new version at any site other than pay sites like Gamespot and Fileplanet.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
with the current demo you can play maps that people have made, and there is plenty.

That's the same demo file I got..

This is the demo, the mission is divided in chapters.
Divided We Fall (which one is this? the crash landing?)
First Light (before you use the binocs and there's the rising sun)
The Lusca's Call (just before the ship)

aznstriker92

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007

Yes but the whole purpose of this topic is that the DEMO HAS BEEN UPDATED!!
In some download areas (gamespot and fileplanet) they have the updated demo which includes 2 MORE missions.
Please take a look at my link in the first post.

aznstriker92

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007

you have to sign up to be a member in both places. Its free to do so.
I recommend Gamespot

aznstriker92

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/download_6181835.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=files&tag=files;title;1
Heres the updated demo. Just sign up and download. you dont have to wait like fileplanet.
Also try not to use the old fashion download and use the gamespot download manager (first option), its safe and quick I promise since i used it with no problems.

This updated demo has 2 levels after Lusca's call.
Heres the review for the updated demo (spoilers)
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/news.html?sid=6181818

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

I would have to strongly disagree with that statement, but to each his own. Everybodys opinion is valued and its nice to have a difference in our world. I thought that the AI isn't that bad, I like that sometimes when you keep getting killed try finding another way around attack from in the water from a gunboat, a jeep or from tree cover on foot. Theres just so many different way to take down your enemy!

bornking

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
I shot a guy three times in the face and he was fine. I shot another guy twelve times in the body head and face and he still did not go down!

This game need some programming updates!

I did this on XP, XP with updated Vista graphics, and vista 64.

Overhype.

jedi940

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
I don't think it's any different. The review that is on gamespot is from October 26. There is no way it can be from the updated version.

In regard to the updated version. When you play it, do you get past the part where you find the ship and the alien takes a member of you team? That is where my demo ends.

aznstriker92

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007

You see thats what im trying to figure out. Anyways that review, they go past that part where the ship and alien appears all the way to the end of the third mission. Also the file size is different, the updated one is 1.9 gigs and the regular is 1.77 gigs.
If you look at fileplanets download page, then it says that the demo was released on the 26th but updated on nov. 6th.
look here. http://www.fileplanet.com/168866/160000/fileinfo/Crysis-Demo-(Singleplayer)
But I dont recommend downloading from here though, download from gamespot. I have 75percent downloaded and the download rate dosent jump around like the fileplanets.

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Gotta disagree. The gameplay is exactly what made FarCry great, and exactly what makes Crysis an excellent game. The graphics are just a bonus. I must have played FarCry 30-40 times. It never gets old cause you can always find new, fun, different or faster ways of doing things. I guess if you enjoy being trapped in a maze of hallways and being forced to fight everything in your path then perhaps Crysis is not for you. For my taste the open ended, multiple paths to a goal approach in FarCry and Crysis is preferable and much more fun, especially after the first time around.

Different strokes.

aznstriker92

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007

yeah, cant wait to play the next 2 levels on the updated version of the demo.

jedi940

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
aznstriker92

I followed your link on game spot but it still says the file size is 1.77 gb

Anywhere else to download it other than file planet

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
So I go on Gamespot and register and all that BS only to find out that the download switches back and forth between 6 and 8 hours. HA HA no game is worth that wait. It reminds me of downloading Netscape over dial up. :pfff:

aznstriker92

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007

Umm its 1.9 gig or thats what it says in the info page.
Try downloading with the gamespot download manager, you have to install this thing but its safe. Im using it and it works fine and it says 1.9 gigs.

Heres what you should see on the info page.

"From: EA Games
Filename: Crysis_SP_Demo.exe
Size: 1857.4MB
Posted: Oct 26, 2007
Downloads: 211,356
This demo includes an introductory cinematic and the first few levels of the single-player campaign. "

Notice how it says 1857 mb and not 1.77
Yes I know it says Oct. 26 but that dosent matter.

TRENDING THREADS