Sign in with
Your question

New version of the Crysis demo?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 8, 2007 10:11:33 PM

http://forum.warrock.net/index.php?showtopic=90675
read my topic in this forum. Apparently theres a updated version of the crysis demo (11/6/07) that has two more levels. (includes first 3 levels now).

You can get it at gamespot and fileplanet. Those are the only ones I know that have the 1.9 ish gig version. rather than the 1.77 gig version.

More about : version crysis demo

November 8, 2007 10:44:39 PM

Anybody play the updated demo yet?
November 8, 2007 11:02:38 PM

Crysis, what is Crysis demo? What is this so called game people keep talking about? :lol: 
Related resources
November 8, 2007 11:28:03 PM

Its a game that has killer graphics.
November 8, 2007 11:39:28 PM

It's a overhyped with yes good graphics and not so good gameplay
November 8, 2007 11:48:05 PM

Yeah i think i've heard of it too, Crysis Crysis????
Isn't that the game about the American dollar?
November 8, 2007 11:50:42 PM

Why the hell do I have to pay to download the demo? Demos are supposed to be free by definition and I can't seem to find the new version at any site other than pay sites like Gamespot and Fileplanet.
November 8, 2007 11:59:27 PM

You don't have to pay. You only have to pay if you want to download instantly and not wait for 30 minutes for the download
November 8, 2007 11:59:41 PM

with the current demo you can play maps that people have made, and there is plenty.

That's the same demo file I got..

This is the demo, the mission is divided in chapters.
Divided We Fall (which one is this? the crash landing?)
First Light (before you use the binocs and there's the rising sun)
The Lusca's Call (just before the ship)
November 9, 2007 1:05:56 AM

stemnin said:
with the current demo you can play maps that people have made, and there is plenty.

That's the same demo file I got..

This is the demo, the mission is divided in chapters.
Divided We Fall (which one is this? the crash landing?)
First Light (before you use the binocs and there's the rising sun)
The Lusca's Call (just before the ship)

Yes but the whole purpose of this topic is that the DEMO HAS BEEN UPDATED!!
In some download areas (gamespot and fileplanet) they have the updated demo which includes 2 MORE missions.
Please take a look at my link in the first post.
November 9, 2007 1:09:52 AM

wingless said:
Why the hell do I have to pay to download the demo? Demos are supposed to be free by definition and I can't seem to find the new version at any site other than pay sites like Gamespot and Fileplanet.

you have to sign up to be a member in both places. Its free to do so.
I recommend Gamespot
November 9, 2007 1:14:00 AM

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/download_61818...;title;1
Heres the updated demo. Just sign up and download. you dont have to wait like fileplanet.
Also try not to use the old fashion download and use the gamespot download manager (first option), its safe and quick I promise since i used it with no problems.

This updated demo has 2 levels after Lusca's call.
Heres the review for the updated demo (spoilers)
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/news.html?sid=...
November 9, 2007 1:20:30 AM

itotallybelieveyou said:

I would have to strongly disagree with that statement, but to each his own. Everybodys opinion is valued and its nice to have a difference in our world. I thought that the AI isn't that bad, I like that sometimes when you keep getting killed try finding another way around attack from in the water from a gunboat, a jeep or from tree cover on foot. Theres just so many different way to take down your enemy!
November 9, 2007 1:24:01 AM

I shot a guy three times in the face and he was fine. I shot another guy twelve times in the body head and face and he still did not go down!

This game need some programming updates!

I did this on XP, XP with updated Vista graphics, and vista 64.

Overhype.
November 9, 2007 1:28:11 AM

So is anybody going to try the updated demo?
November 9, 2007 2:02:21 AM

I don't think it's any different. The review that is on gamespot is from October 26. There is no way it can be from the updated version.

In regard to the updated version. When you play it, do you get past the part where you find the ship and the alien takes a member of you team? That is where my demo ends.
November 9, 2007 2:14:47 AM

jedi940 said:
I don't think it's any different. The review that is on gamespot is from October 26. There is no way it can be from the updated version.

In regard to the updated version. When you play it, do you get past the part where you find the ship and the alien takes a member of you team? That is where my demo ends.

You see thats what im trying to figure out. Anyways that review, they go past that part where the ship and alien appears all the way to the end of the third mission. Also the file size is different, the updated one is 1.9 gigs and the regular is 1.77 gigs.
If you look at fileplanets download page, then it says that the demo was released on the 26th but updated on nov. 6th.
look here. http://www.fileplanet.com/168866/160000/fileinfo/Crysis...(Singleplayer)
But I dont recommend downloading from here though, download from gamespot. I have 75percent downloaded and the download rate dosent jump around like the fileplanets.
November 9, 2007 2:22:59 AM

itotallybelieveyou said:
Gotta disagree. The gameplay is exactly what made FarCry great, and exactly what makes Crysis an excellent game. The graphics are just a bonus. I must have played FarCry 30-40 times. It never gets old cause you can always find new, fun, different or faster ways of doing things. I guess if you enjoy being trapped in a maze of hallways and being forced to fight everything in your path then perhaps Crysis is not for you. For my taste the open ended, multiple paths to a goal approach in FarCry and Crysis is preferable and much more fun, especially after the first time around.

Different strokes.
November 9, 2007 2:25:17 AM

lakedude said:
Gotta disagree. The gameplay is exactly what made FarCry great, and exactly what makes Crysis an excellent game. The graphics are just a bonus. I must have played FarCry 30-40 times. It never gets old cause you can always find new, fun, different or faster ways of doing things. I guess if you enjoy being trapped in a maze of hallways and being forced to fight everything in your path then perhaps Crysis is not for you. For my taste the open ended, multiple paths to a goal approach in FarCry and Crysis is preferable and much more fun, especially after the first time around.

Different strokes.

yeah, cant wait to play the next 2 levels on the updated version of the demo.
November 9, 2007 2:40:36 AM

aznstriker92

I followed your link on game spot but it still says the file size is 1.77 gb

Anywhere else to download it other than file planet
November 9, 2007 2:49:20 AM

aznstriker92 said:

Why would I want to spoil everything before the game comes out.
November 9, 2007 2:54:11 AM

Is there any way to get the extra levels without having to download the whole demo again?
November 9, 2007 2:55:53 AM

aznstriker92 said:
So I go on Gamespot and register and all that BS only to find out that the download switches back and forth between 6 and 8 hours. HA HA no game is worth that wait. It reminds me of downloading Netscape over dial up. :pfff: 
November 9, 2007 2:58:31 AM

jedi940 said:
aznstriker92

I followed your link on game spot but it still says the file size is 1.77 gb

Anywhere else to download it other than file planet

Umm its 1.9 gig or thats what it says in the info page.
Try downloading with the gamespot download manager, you have to install this thing but its safe. Im using it and it works fine and it says 1.9 gigs.

Heres what you should see on the info page.

"From: EA Games
Filename: Crysis_SP_Demo.exe
Size: 1857.4MB
Posted: Oct 26, 2007
Downloads: 211,356
This demo includes an introductory cinematic and the first few levels of the single-player campaign. "

Notice how it says 1857 mb and not 1.77
Yes I know it says Oct. 26 but that dosent matter.
November 9, 2007 2:59:28 AM

bruce555 said:
Is there any way to get the extra levels without having to download the whole demo again?

I have no idea how.
November 9, 2007 3:05:51 AM

Zorg said:
So I go on Gamespot and register and all that BS only to find out that the download switches back and forth between 6 and 8 hours. HA HA no game is worth that wait. It reminds me of downloading Netscape over dial up. :pfff: 

oh its worth it, just leave it on overnight. ;) 
November 9, 2007 3:10:44 AM

Meh...the only way the 1.77 gb demo was tolerable was BT...and since I don't see any torrents for the 1.9 gb version, well, I'll be fine without.
November 9, 2007 3:15:20 AM

aznstriker92 said:
You see thats what im trying to figure out. Anyways that review, they go past that part where the ship and alien appears all the way to the end of the third mission. Also the file size is different, the updated one is 1.9 gigs and the regular is 1.77 gigs.
If you look at fileplanets download page, then it says that the demo was released on the 26th but updated on nov. 6th.
look here. http://www.fileplanet.com/168866/160000/fileinfo/Crysis...(Singleplayer)
But I dont recommend downloading from here though, download from gamespot. I have 75percent downloaded and the download rate dosent jump around like the fileplanets.

Hmmm, you seem very intent on finding out whether or not this demo is in-fact updated, and have even gone as far as stating that you have all the necessary software in order to DL from Gamestop. So, my question to you is, why have you not DL'ed and tried it for yourself yet and let us know if it is legit? My intention is not to discredit you, but it just seems a little fishy to me. Maybe a valid reason as to why you have not tried it yet might be helpful.

November 9, 2007 3:22:04 AM

aznstriker92 said:
oh its worth it, just leave it on overnight. ;) 
Not likely.
November 9, 2007 3:28:33 AM

I did notice the size difference in the file but when I clicked to download, it still said 1.77. O well. Let me know if it really is different.
November 9, 2007 3:31:08 AM

Ibanezrg570 said:
Hmmm, you seem very intent on finding out whether or not this demo is in-fact updated, and have even gone as far as stating that you have all the necessary software in order to DL from Gamestop. So, my question to you is, why have you not DL'ed and tried it for yourself yet and let us know if it is legit? My intention is not to discredit you, but it just seems a little fishy to me. Maybe a valid reason as to why you have not tried it yet might be helpful.
It appears from this snippet from one of his posts that he is in the process of doing just that.
aznstriker92 said:

November 9, 2007 3:31:46 AM

pcgamer gave crysis a 98% rating lol
a b U Graphics card
November 9, 2007 3:37:43 AM

Look here. It says 1.9Gb, but the download is actually just over 1.8.
November 9, 2007 3:45:14 AM

randomizer said:
Look here. It says 1.9Gb, but the download is actually just over 1.8.
What kind of download speeds are we talking about? Is it worth signing up?
a b U Graphics card
November 9, 2007 4:44:08 AM

If you are in Australia, it's fast, otherwise I dunno. I would get 1.2Mbytes/s (not Mbit) if I had my PC hooked up via ethernet, but it's connected via USB to the modem so my speeds are halved. It depends on your speeds too, australian internet is not crash hot.
November 9, 2007 4:52:42 AM

Where are these maps Stemnin mentioned that people have made already! Anyone have a link??
November 9, 2007 8:57:52 AM

tricky trees said:
Where are these maps Stemnin mentioned that people have made already! Anyone have a link??

Skip number 4 and download no.5. With this you can try out all the vehicles and weapons on the first level. Snipers, rockets, tanks, helicopter, nukes...have fun.
November 9, 2007 9:17:50 AM

Hmmm I downloaded the Gamespot version a couple of days ago, which is the supposedly updated version (1.9gb), but mine ends at the frozen boat too. The gamespot download manager says the file was 1.9gb but the installer says 1.77.
November 9, 2007 10:34:46 AM

tricky trees said:

The mission is divided in chapters, the first mission has 3, those are what i'm referring to. When you lose your HUD, and suit controls, a black bar on the bottom and top appear and it says, for example: "First Light".

I'm pretty sure Crytek gave GS the extra the 2 levels (missions) for them only, as the download file will surely be bigger than 1.85GB, that's the file I downloaded, I got it from the EA store without online pre-order (EA screwed up and let anyone dl it) and it's the same file size.

You can also download user made maps and play using the demo (or sandbox) too.
November 9, 2007 10:51:26 AM

6-8 hours? no game is worth the wait!? i downloaded falcon 3.0 (100MB DEMO) over an aol connection @ 1.4KB/S over the span of 24 hours.
it was totally worth it.
November 9, 2007 10:55:11 AM

So the demo where you end up with the boat is actually the extended version? Its actually three chapters?

In an off-topic comment, I just just recieved an email from OCUK that they will replace my faulty 7900GT with an 8800GTS, so £50 for a £180 card. Sooooooo pleased!
November 9, 2007 11:03:55 AM

bornking said:
I shot a guy three times in the face and he was fine. I shot another guy twelve times in the body head and face and he still did not go down!

This game need some programming updates!

I did this on XP, XP with updated Vista graphics, and vista 64.

Overhype.

I don't know about all that face shooting ??? REMEMBER THIS IS A BETA / DEMO and the company stated it is far from over when full development will be achieved ! This game will probably rock any other in detail .... but lighten up .... it's not finished . I'm not even downloading either the beta or demo ..... just gonna buy the original when she hits the store .... need a new one to replace BF 2142 . That last addon I bought for it sucked . EA is pissin me off charging for a lousey addon that at that level of updating gameplay should have been free .
November 9, 2007 11:32:01 AM

oswold said:
So the demo where you end up with the boat is actually the extended version? Its actually three chapters?

In an off-topic comment, I just just recieved an email from OCUK that they will replace my faulty 7900GT with an 8800GTS, so £50 for a £180 card. Sooooooo pleased!

To take a quote and modify it:

Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth! (which one was that jackie or chris that said?)

There is no extended version for the public, other than what Gamespot has locked up that only they could play. If you can find that one, good luck. Anyways, you can play user made maps with the demo, demo's got some replayability, there are maps for download already. Or you can make your own with the included Sandbox2.

And damn, that's a good deal, which GTS btw?
November 9, 2007 11:41:33 AM

I verified the above. I d/l'ed the Gamespot game and it's 1.77gigs.
November 9, 2007 12:37:44 PM

Lol sorry if you had answered my question already, I must have misunderstood.

I think its the 320mb, and I dont know what make, they just said 'I regret to inform that we will not be able to send you another 7900 sir, would an 8800 be acceptable?'

I'll see when I get it I suppose. Any 8800 will do, obviously, and maybe it'll be the 640 or even a GTX!! (which is highly unlikely).
November 9, 2007 1:12:36 PM

lol yea, the 320 still kills the 7900, I hope you alteast get 640, gtx or gt.
November 9, 2007 1:51:21 PM

docimian said:
6-8 hours? no game is worth the wait!? i downloaded falcon 3.0 (100MB DEMO) over an aol connection @ 1.4KB/S over the span of 24 hours.
it was totally worth it.
Excellent, I'm glad you thought it was worth it.
November 9, 2007 6:22:29 PM

I only found that the AI in crysis was poor when it came to dealing with stealth, when I decided to charge in on my own, I quickly found myself surrounded in a shed with enemies on 3 sides, and a machine gun boat on the other
November 9, 2007 8:32:11 PM

stemnin said:
To take a quote and modify it:

Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth! (which one was that jackie or chris that said?)

There is no extended version for the public, other than what Gamespot has locked up that only they could play. If you can find that one, good luck. Anyways, you can play user made maps with the demo, demo's got some replayability, there are maps for download already. Or you can make your own with the included Sandbox2.

And damn, that's a good deal, which GTS btw?

I downloaded it and Im going to try it soon but my file says its 1.9 gigs
November 9, 2007 8:36:37 PM

oswold said:
Hmmm I downloaded the Gamespot version a couple of days ago, which is the supposedly updated version (1.9gb), but mine ends at the frozen boat too. The gamespot download manager says the file was 1.9gb but the installer says 1.77.

Hmm I just noticed that. I guess gamespot and fileplanet was just a bunch of bs. :fou: 
Look at this.

"This demo includes an introductory cinematic and the first few levels of the single-player campaign."

I guess they are wrong.
!