SimCopter Riot Missions Problem

Last response: in Video Games
September 13, 2004 7:35:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Has anyone else experienced this problem with SimCopter?

I have the jewel case version (which shipped with the last released
version of the game, with all upgrade patches already installed,
version 1.0.1.4), and I've always had a *helluva* time with the riot
missions. I've been playing this game for quite a few years, and the
riot mission almost wanna make me start rioting myself LOL!

Unlike the other missions that display a specific mission icon in the
map display (with a line pointing to where the mission is located),
the riot missions don't display any mission icon. The dispatcher
states that there is a riot in progress (or a "major disturbance") in
a given area (i.e. "northwest quadrant"), but there isn't a riot icon
displayed on the map display. After looking through the HTML format
help file on the game CD, it does indeed appear that there are
supposed to be mission icons for the riots.

Anyhow, I found an older upgrade patch for the game on the Internet
(v1.0.1.3) and was able to use this patch to "downgrade" my installed
game to this older version. Low and behold, the riot icons are
displayed in that older version! The problem is, the sound quality in
the older version is greatly reduced (in v1.0.1.3 it sounds like the
sampling rate for the music and sound effects is 11,025, whereas in
v1.0.1.4 the sampling rate is 22,050... which sounds *much* better).
This is why I don't want to normally use v1.0.1.3, it sounds like a
cheap AM radio.

Anyhooo, has anyone else stumbled across this bug in v1.0.1.4? The
riot missions are hard enough without having the additional difficulty
of having no idea where they are in the first place LOL!
September 14, 2004 1:38:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

> Anyhooo, has anyone else stumbled across this bug in v1.0.1.4? The
> riot missions are hard enough without having the additional difficulty
> of having no idea where they are in the first place LOL!

I played this game almost a decade ago when it first came out, my memory is
kinda hazy, although it does ring a bell not knowing where the riots are.

Mike
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 1:38:36 AM

"Mike" <mike_tlnoREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<vro1d.560$MZ1.290@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net>...
> I played this game almost a decade ago when it first came out, my memory is
> kinda hazy, although it does ring a bell not knowing where the riots are.
>
> Mike

Thanks for the info and reply -:)  Yeah, I just wanted to make sure
that it wasn't just me that experienced that problem with the riots, I
guess that was simply a bug that was introduced into the game with the
v1.0.1.4 upgrade patch -:(

Again, thanks for the info -:)

Rich
!