Best CPU cooler for this board and case

born_again

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
Hi, I'm about to purchase all the parts I need for my build, the only thing I cannot decide on is the cpu cooler. My case is an antec 900, cpu is an 8400, and board is a Gigabye ga-p35-ds3l.

I have looked at countless reviews, articles, message board posts, and absolutely cannot decide.

I obviously want it to keep my cpu cool, but I want it to be as quiet as possible as well. I would also like it to be 60 dollars or less. And obviously I need to know that it will fit on my particular board and in my case.

I am just looking for suggestions, I have already gotten so much help on this forum. Thanks.

Moondrinker

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
Scythe Ninja PLUS SCNJ-1100P Rev. B. is highly popular here in Denmark and it will fit your board. Though many people complain that it dosn't fit their board (even though it says it's supported), not the GA-p35-DS3L in particular but just in general. It's a heavy CPU cooler and it's fairly big, mounting it in a motherboard allready connected in a case will prove to be quite hard. That said, it cools very good and is really silent. A very good CPU cooler!

Cheers!

Moondrinker

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008

agreed, this cooler is also very cheap!

EDIT:
If you're not overclocking i would also recommend the ARtic Cooling Freezer Pro 7, the stock cooling can be loud.