Removing a Vista install off my 2nd hard drive?

Macros0001

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
How can I removed Vista off my 2nd hard drive in my computer? I have a 74gb WD Raptor hard drive running in my computer with vista and for my games, and a 2nd 500gb for storage. I'm curious in how to remove Vista because I have it on the 500gb drive as well as my Raptor drive, and just want to use the larger one for music/video storage. Can I just right click the drive and format it? Not exactly sure what to do and I don't want to mess something up :)

Any thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks.

Macros0001

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
Hmm, well I guess I'm doing it right. I threw my Vista CD in and had tried to formet the drive with the windows installer, and it gave me some error, but it looks like it deleted the stuff on there. When I tried to access it through "Computer" it says I needed to format it so its just doing that now.

Macros0001

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
Hmm well I'm having an intersting time now. I'm getting an error when it is trying to format the hard drive. It went all through the process and then at the end gave me "windows was unable to format the hard drive" and then another one saying "Windows cannot format D:\" "Make sure the disk and drive are connected properly, make sure the disk is not read-only, and then try again."

Any thoughts? I checked and its connected with the sata port on the mobo and the drive, and power is going to it, it shows up in the Computer window just fine, I just can't do anything with it.

godless

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
try using some software like swissknife v3 to reformat the drive. or type in " run" in the start menu the word diskmgmt.msc
and try formatting from there.