Help! Memory/Processor...LOST

tfspoiled1

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Hello,
I need a new computer since my Dell Dimension 4550 Pentium 4 only has 2% free space left! YES, it is 8 years old, but still works aside from it's SLOW!!! I am very confused by the new options etc. I don't know where to start!!!

I was looking at the DELL XPS 8500'S or Inspiron 660. I have no idea after reading some forum comments on the memory or processors to buy. I was going to go with a 2 TB 7200 RPM Sata hard drive 6gb/s + 256bg ssd. OR 1 TB hard drive 7200 rpm, SATA good enough? For memory is a 6GB dual channel DDR3 1600 MHZ - 2 DIMMs or 32GB dual channel DDR3 1600 mhz 4 dimms better?

I have probably 3,000 photos or more saved and need to add more, play facebook games, i-tunes, and I will need speech recognition software for my daughter (dyslexia).

What would you all recommend I buy??? Thanks!!!

if all you are concerned about is only having 4% free space you could just buy a 1tb hard drive for about $100 and move all of your photos and other documents to the new drive. either an internal drive or external drive will work.

if you want a new pc that is faster then just about anything will work as your needs are not very demanding.

something along these lines would be plenty powerfull for you:

i3 or i5 processor
4gb-6gb ram
1tb-2tb hard drive