sdf

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2007
Could use some good opinions on this. I am watching two x1900xtx on ebay both have a zalman cooler on them, one so far is at 20.00 and the other doesn't have any bids just yet as the auction just started. What would be the best move, should I go for it and hope to get a good card for real cheap or wait for the 38xx's to be released and not only see what they can do but hope the bidding goes up to make it worth it?

Personally having sourced cards from E-bay before i would noy buy a card unless it was a real steal and came with a D.O.A return policy.I paid £70 for a X800XL about a year or so ago and it died after about 6-7 months so £10 a month probably about all i could have hoped for for a un gauranteed second hand card.
I would wait for the 38** cards and see what they can do rumoured to be about 7% below a 8800gt but i think that was bases on 3D Mark scores and not real world benching.
Mactronix

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
I don't trust most of the deals, especially if they are really cheap. It be a gamble imo. It's your choice though.

I'd go with the really cheap card and wait to see if the 38xx cards are really worth it, then wait a little for the price to settle.