ASUS DVD-RW (DRW-2014L1T) Firmware fail

Tags:
  • DVD Writers
  • Asus
  • Firmware
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
June 18, 2008 4:23:53 PM

I have Asus DVD wiruter and I've download It's (DRW-2014L1T) firmware "DRW-2014L1T_102.zip" form asus site.
After unpaking, i execute the "S2014L1T_V102.exe" file.

It doesen't ask me are you sure to flash this drive or any question. In the dos screen it shows progress of updating and after 100% my pc was stucked several seconds and atomatically closed that window unstuking my pc. Before the stuck, dvd tray atomatically ejected and lcosed.

Now my pc doesen't show my dvd writer and i cannot refirmware it using nero7.

Nero7 says "You do not have ASUS devices"

My DVD writer has SATA interface and it not detected in bios after this happend.

What should i do for this?

Why ASUS firmware update file is crazy?

Is my dvd writer dead or can refirmware it? if can, how?

More about : asus dvd drw 2014l1t firmware fail

June 24, 2008 1:30:08 PM

i connect my dvd-RW to Mercury mother board. it shows it "unknown device". I think my DVD firmware currupted.

Do any one know how to solve this?

i have a MSI cd-RW firmware tool. It contains a firmware exe and firmware file. so i can easyly erase my cd rw chip using this exe and refirmware. But now i have a Sata device. It cannot do this. Asus firmware file don't have this facilities.

Do any one have a tool to do that?

Anyone can help meeeeeeeeeeeee?
May 22, 2009 10:31:54 PM

I had the same problem after upgrading the firmware to v1.02 .. the problem was solved by connecting the drive to an external power source .. it seems that the new firmware somehow forces te drive to consume muc power than the power provided by the power supply ..
June 7, 2009 10:58:47 AM

yohana said:
i connect my dvd-RW to Mercury mother board. it shows it "unknown device". I think my DVD firmware currupted.

Do any one know how to solve this?

i have a MSI cd-RW firmware tool. It contains a firmware exe and firmware file. so i can easyly erase my cd rw chip using this exe and refirmware. But now i have a Sata device. It cannot do this. Asus firmware file don't have this facilities.

Do any one have a tool to do that?

Anyone can help meeeeeeeeeeeee?

i think i bricked my drw-2014 the same way you did
did you find out how to hARDreset the firmware???
!