Installing MSDE in "upgraded" WinXP Pro: Problem of WinME ..

Hi all,
My Dell 4100 PC was upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP Pro 2 years ago.
Recently I tried to install MSDE in my "upgraded" Windows XP Pro without any
luck.
It is clear that my old Windows ME system is interfering with the MSDE
installation, because a .bat file for installing this MSDE can not feed the
password and a "named" instance information needed for this MSDE
installation. I have struggled this problem for several weeks. I need to
cantact Microsoft for the technical support. Could you tell me where in
Microsoft (department name or phone number) can give the efficient solutions
to this specific problem?
Thanks in advance,
SHC
1 answer Last reply
More about installing msde upgraded winxp problem winme

    SHC,
    Here's some phone numbers for ya;
    'Contact Information'
    (http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support)
    Instead of posting in Win XP Basics, check this resource out;
    'SQL Server Community'
    (http://www.microsoft.com/sql/community/default.mspx)
    Best,
    Treeman