Sign in with
Your question

My printer is printing blank page

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
March 29, 2010 9:21:48 AM

Hello,
i got my printer canon ip 4000 i got no error in the all my catrogde are ok but is printing blank on page
April 2, 2010 2:31:40 AM

When is the last time you have used the printer? If you have not used in it 6 months plus, the ink cartridges can dry up. Try taking one out, use a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol gently to break up the dried ink. reinsert, and try again.

If not, it sounds like you need to reinstall the printer drivers.
m
l
Related resources
April 2, 2010 3:14:29 AM

Did you remove the protective tape from the ink cartridge heads? <grin> Seriously though, what hodmokrin stated above is a very common reason for this problem. I would add that most printers have a way to invoke a built-in self-test printout.
If the printer prints this self-test page correctly, then the problem is not in the printer. Keep in mind this is not the same as the Print Test Page option in Windows. The printer self-test should be able to be performed from the printers button controls without even being hooked by to the printer.

If the self-test also results in a blank page then the problem resides in the printer. In addition to hodmokrin's instructions, also clean the copper/brass print head contacts in the same manner. Finally, if no joy... try a new cartridge.

If the self test page was successful, then proceed to try to print a Test Page from your Printer and Faxes Control Panel Option in Windows: Start->Control Panel->Printers and Faxes->right-click on your printer icon->select Properties->click on the Print Test Page Button. If this produces a good printout, then the problem is in your application (ie: Word or such). If you do not get a good test page, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your printer software.

Good Luck!
m
l
April 2, 2010 3:22:39 AM

Sorry. Forgot to post the self-test instructions. I found these on the web, so if they don't work then you should consult your manual.

1. Make sure the printer is off but is plugged in

2. Hold down [RESUME] (Triangle pointed down) and hold down [POWER]
and wait 5 seconds or so.

Release [RESUME] but Continue to hold [POWER]. Double click [RESUME].
then Release [POWER].

Press [RESUME], than [POWER]. This should cause the printer to print a
simple diagnostic that'll list it's ROM number and list CDR SENSOR=OK
in red for the last line.
Press [RESUME] twice then [POWER]] to print off the second diagnostic.
Press [POWER] by it self to exit service mode and return to being a
printer.
m
l
!