Wondering if this device exists on the market yet

FalcoPeregrinus

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
To any who can help-

Is anyone out there aware of any multiple CD-ROM/DVD-ROM readers? I realize that a simple search on Newegg can turn up several CD/DVD duplicators, but I'm not really interested in that at all. I'm also aware of Multi-Disc DVD Video changers, but I'm not sure if they would work for my purposes. I was hoping that someone out there could enlighten me. My "scheme" entails loading a cartridge of CDs or DVDs (like a Multi-Disc changer that you might see in a car) into my PC in order to easily switch between 5-6 games or movies on my rig.

If this doesn't exist yet, I guess I have two alternatives:

1: Install up to four more single CD/DVD drives (slim or full sized), which I'm not crazy about.

or

2: Somehow burn all of the information from the Play discs of my games and entire movies onto my PC (which I've only heard about doing). If someone could direct me to some articles on either of these procedures, I'd be most appreciative.

lx_flier

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
Just use no-cd patch, gamecopyworld.com has a ton make sure to get the no dvd or cd exe ones that way you wont have to deal with images.

I've seen lan centers used crazy network setups that allow you launch the games from the stations without illegal cracks or swaping disc. You may want to find one locally and see what they're doing.

Images tend not to work cuz of copy protection w/o cracks.

If you we're really looking to invest the money you could build a computer with a bunch of rom drives put it on the network and map network drives to them. You could also a couple large HDD and rip your movies to it and use that as a server.