Trying to order new PC online

Ron7aldo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
tryed Newegg.com but they dont accept international Credit cards :ouch:
any one knows any other trusted shops that will accept international Credit cards ?
i dont care if they dont ship out side of the US or UK i will have my way to bring them over just want to order them frist :cry:

StevieD

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
Most USA businesses do not accept International credit cards as the merchant banks (the banks that actually perform the credit card transactions) can charge additional fees, sometimes quite substantial fees, to handle the international transactions, IF the merchant bank will even allow the merchant to process an international charge.

Secondly, for computer parts, especially for CPU's and GPU's, there are potential issues of national security for providing these parts to undesirable or restricted nations.

Thirdly, there are restrictions, usually related to tarriffs and licensing agreements, that prohibit the sale of some parts and software from one country to another.

There are ways around these issues. BUT, considering the rammifications of such sales, it is often best for businesses and individuals to not get involved with such transactions.

StevieD

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
There are legal means for somebody in another country to acquire X, Y or Z parts.

I would contact the appropriate manufacturer. Often there is a specialized vendor that handles these types of difficult sales. The prices may be higher than NewEgg or TigerDirect, as as the vendor builds the costs of handling difficult sales into their pricing structure.

Also TigerDirect is part of Systemax corporation (systemax.com). Systemax has divisions of their company that are located across the world, with each division responsible for sales and distribution in specific regions or countries.

Thank you! I have always wanted to know why newegg won't ship to Canada. So, it's just because we're undesirable :lol: :lol: :lol:

StevieD

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
Nah, we like you, our brothers in the frozen tundra.

It is VISA. And Mastercard, American Express, Discover et al.

The Merchant Banks restrict access, or if they allow access then the merchant can pay dearly in additional fees.

For example, my Merchant Bank charges me $4 and change PLUS 3.227% in additional fees for any credit card with a Canadian billing address. I have a different set of fees for a Mexican card, another set of fees for a German card. Hells bells, I even pay an extra fee for shipments to Puerto Rico.

Right or wrong, these fees are a fact of life. But there is a big IF, if your Merchant Bank even allows foreign billing address cards to be charged. Not all do.

Then there are those funky Tarriffs and taxes.

For some companies it is easier to just say NO.

By the way, Systemax (TigerDirect) has a Canadian division. Maybe NewEgg has a Canadian division that they don't publically acknowledge.

TRENDING THREADS