Need help with Asus Maximus MOBO ... pelase

alisheraz19

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Hi everyone,

I just installed the Asus Maximus Formula mobo and it is working great....except for the soundcard that comes with it (Supreme FX II) .... Basically I can't get any sound! ... When I run the Asus setup to install my SoundMAX ADI Audio Driver .... it gives me this error "The HDA Audio Bus Driver is required but not found". I don't know what to do :/ I was wondering if anyone out there can help me.

Also on a unrealted note. My case (Antec 900) came with cables that run from the front of the Case ... they're labled "1394" "HD Audio" "AC'97" .... I was wondering if anyone could tell me where these cables go onto my motherboard?

I put this PC together by myself (first time) and I seem to have gotten it right except for these errors i mentioned above. Any help is much obliged.

Thanks,

s

The front panel audio from your case plugs into the jumper located on the soundcard. The 1394 lead plugs into a jumper on your MB, read your manual to find the location of the jumper. Try reseating your sound card. If the driver from the MB CD will not install, try the latest version from the ASUS website. HTH.

exarrkun

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
i had exactly the same problem with my maximus mobo

after removing the plate of the supremefx2, i saw the main chip was heavily damaged
i think the card burned through with the first boot

i could return it, but then i had to return my mobo too

so I bought a creative xtreme gamer...

i hope you haven't got the same problem, but checking it wouldn't harm...

alisheraz19

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
You know what, this thing is giving me a headache anyway... I was looking at the x-fi extreme as well I'm gonna go for that.... may as well get a better soundcard and less headache .... thanks guys :)

Blue frog

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Hi - re the second problem, check the pin layouts in both manuals for the mobo and the antec. I recently bulit my second pc using the same case and found that the IEEE1394 (firewire) connector from the front panel of the case did not match at all with the connector / pin layout on the board so I couldn't use it. The board was a Gigabyte board and not an Asus so hopefully it will all match for you.

DannyBoy27

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
Are you running VISTA? I had huge issues like this on V64 Ulit.

This is an issue on a few Asus boards.
For example I got it on my Crosshair and had to use the Striker Extreme Drivers to fix the problem as apposed to installing the native ones from the Crosshair mobo driver cd.

photon124

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
I had the same problem, and spent 3 weeks struggling between Device Manager and Control Panel etc
I'm running XP.
* Lay your hands on the back of power supply and chassis-metal to drain static from yourself. With system off and unplugged from A.C., plug the FXII into the top (black) socket. I don't have 4 speakers. 6 speakers or 8 speakers, and don't intend to buy them. I have 3 speakers: 2 stereo speakers with base speaker between, all on one plug. I set it up as stereo (where the image showed two speakers). I Plugged it into #6 (front out). They didn't work in #9 (rear out)! So much for buying a bunch of new speakers.
* Having re-installed the Supreme FXII drivers half a dozen times, I did something that sounds strange, but it got the speakers playing beautiful audio, with no more sound problem. So much for spending another $150. on the Creative sound board.
* 1) Go to Control Panel. 2) Choose "Add and Remove" devices. 3) Remove FXII entirely.
* 4) Go to Microsoft Security and DISABLE the FIREWALL!
# 5) Reboot The Motherboard Installation CD, and re-install the FXII software! Save and Exit.
# 6) Reboot your system and listen to the sound.
* 7) Re-enable the Microsoft Firewall.
The installation manual shows procedures out of sequence. It sucks. The FXII sound board is great, too good to throw away. This is what finally worked for me; I hope it works for you, if you haven't already wasted hundred dollar bills on new and unnecessary equipment.