Sign in with
Your question

Worth the money to upgrade????

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 12, 2007 12:19:58 AM

I current have a Sapphire ATI Radeon 1950XT graphics card in my setup and I was wondering if it was worth it to upgrade to the Nvidia 8800GT that everyone has been raving about? I have a Quad Core 6600 CPU on a Gigabyte P35 board with 2GB Memory and do quite a bit of gaming. Is this "upgrade" worth the money. Keep in mind I can sell my 1950XT for about 140-150 on Ebay so I wouldnt be taking the full hit on the 8800GT. Thanks!

More about : worth money upgrade

November 12, 2007 1:04:43 AM

Are you displeased with the performance of your video card?

Try waiting for rumored G92 8800GTS if you're not in that big of hurry.
November 12, 2007 2:14:43 AM

San Pedro said:
Are you displeased with the performance of your video card?

Try waiting for rumored G92 8800GTS if you're not in that big of hurry.

I think its more like a G80 8800GTS only with more shaders.
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&ta...

Anyways,
I would get the 8800GT or 3870.
Related resources
November 12, 2007 8:37:54 AM

Yeah the general rule is that if your card is performing well in your games at your resolution, then you should keep it and wait as long as you can bear before upgrading.

I've only just become dissatified with my cards performance in newer games, so I upgraded, but your card is at least twice as powerful so it should still last a little longer.
November 12, 2007 3:21:12 PM

oswold said:
Yeah the general rule is that if your card is performing well in your games at your resolution, then you should keep it and wait as long as you can bear before upgrading.

I've only just become dissatified with my cards performance in newer games, so I upgraded, but your card is at least twice as powerful so it should still last a little longer.

I'll second that, As long as your have your games run the way you want at the setting you want, wait. Becuse the cards will only get cheaper and better with time(except for this 8800GT surge, but its a surge and will be over in a week or two)
!