win me/98 reversion probs.

PatMcGroin

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
After upgrading to win me (dont ask why) I decided for myself that it is a real bloated piece of crap and reverted to 98. The problem is that I didnt pay enough attention to the warning about any programs that were installled into win ME would not be recognized after the reversion. I have a couple of progs. that dont show up to uninstall. I need to have windows search for installed programs to straighten them out but I cant find the way to do it. I know that it can be done in older versions of windows and If I remember correctly it can be done in 98. Do I nedd to reinstall windows for that option or can I just reinstall the programs from the disk and it will work itself out?

You Dont Want To Be The Last to Know Anything.

jasen

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2001
Just reinstall the apps and be done with it. This rarely causes a problem. Now that I think about it, you could go into "program files", and check the individual app's folders. They usually place their uninstaller there. Even if it's not listed in the control panel it should still uninstall.

Morwing

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2001
Or you could manually delete the program folders, use RegEdit to manually remove registry entries (use F3 to search or CTRL-F) and then re-install the apps... Any which way you want it.. =)

- Jan :)

AMD 1 GHz
MSI K7T Pro 2
512 MB RAM
GF2MX
SBLive! 1024
Win98SE/ Mandrake Linux 8.0

TRENDING THREADS