installing simcity 4 on new computer

Last response: in Video Games
September 14, 2004 4:20:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Hi, I got a new computer and want to transfer my cities from the old
computer to the new one. I saved all of the files and they seem to be
there, and I put them in the region folder. Trouble is, I can't seem to
find the cities in the game. Surely there is a way to fix this.

Josh
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 11:44:31 AM

"Joshua White" <ksjosh82@ku.edu> wrote in message
> Hi, I got a new computer and want to transfer my cities from the old
> computer to the new one. I saved all of the files and they seem to be
> there, and I put them in the region folder. Trouble is, I can't seem to
> find the cities in the game. Surely there is a way to fix this.
>
> Josh

Your saved cities are in 'My documents' which you can access via your start
button ( bottom left )

those files need to be put into the same directory on your new computer

Boc
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 3:29:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

I have tried this and it still doesn't seem to work, plus I can't seem to
recreate the region as a whole. I gave the other computer away to someone
so I can't go back and try to transfer files again. Any ideas?
josh
"Ozboc" <Boc@your_undies_smell.com> wrote in message

> "Joshua White" <ksjosh82@ku.edu> wrote in message
>> Hi, I got a new computer and want to transfer my cities from the old
>> computer to the new one. I saved all of the files and they seem to be
>> there, and I put them in the region folder. Trouble is, I can't seem to
>> find the cities in the game. Surely there is a way to fix this.
>>
>> Josh
>>

> Your saved cities are in 'My documents' which you can access via your
> start
> button ( bottom left )
>
> those files need to be put into the same directory on your new computer
>
> Boc

September 17, 2004 10:10:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Put all your cities files into directory Downloads in your Region Directory
in MyDocument .... then start the game .... make a new region .... and click
on a land and then import ... a dialog box with the files in downloads will
open ... pick a city and click ok .... repeat for all other cities ..

OTOH if you saved the whole region .. not just the cities .... then
simply put that folder inside Region Directory in My Document and it will be
in the game when you start and click on the folder Icon ..

Sims Lover

> I have tried this and it still doesn't seem to work, plus I can't seem to
> recreate the region as a whole. I gave the other computer away to someone
> so I can't go back and try to transfer files again. Any ideas?
> josh
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 3:59:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:29:55 -0500, "Joshua White" <ksjosh82@ku.edu>
wrote:

>I have tried this and it still doesn't seem to work, plus I can't seem to
>recreate the region as a whole. I gave the other computer away to someone
>so I can't go back and try to transfer files again. Any ideas?
>josh

I also had this problem, when I needed to re-install Windows. The
first time I lost everything. Last time, I copied the contents of the
corresponding folders in the SC4 folder as well, and this worked. You
may be able to copy what's in "My Documents" across, if you have them,
and get it to work that way. For some reason, the contents of these
two folders can be different.

Mike
!