Please post q6600 B3 Proc + Newer MoBo OC Profiles! Buying a new MoBo!

I am trying to make this easy, hehe. I want to get a new mo bo in the next few days, but want one that overclocks well with the B3 version q6600. We all know Nvidias 650-680 boards are hating on q6600s most of the time! Want to use 4 x 1 gig pc 6400 5-5-5-18 RAM as well.

If you have a B3 and a MoBo that overclocks it quite well, please let me know! Going for SLI, but its not needed. All input is good input as I am new to the OC stuffs.

--Thanks! Lupi!
7 answers Last reply
More about please post q6600 proc newer mobo profiles buying mobo
  1. I don't like SLI, so I'm going to recommend the Asus P5k-e.
  2. Yeah, I have seen that a lot of people like that board! I am not to picky. I Like sli because I have Ultras, but one would work, ya know? ;) I think I will let this linger up here for the weekend, and then buy a board on monday!

Thanks for the advice!
  3. You have Ultras? As in the plural? Well there is no point in wasting one, either get an SLi board, or send me the spare Ultra. I know which I'd prefer...

Personally, I like the Gigabyte boards
  4. Hehe, well thats a good idea! If only I didnt have 3 Quads! My b3 and g0 Q6600 both get one! And the phenom 9500 only gets a BFG OC'd 8800 GTS. No one likes AMD, so it doesnt get good gear! (By all means, prove me wrong and post an OC profile for phenom 9500 +m3a32-MVP and I will be happy to see if they maybe dont suck to badly with their quads. That are all flawed. And Slow. Whats all these weird wiggly lines??)

--Lupi!
  5. Picked up a P5k-E wifi. No one else wanted to represent their motherboard?? Thats pretty sad. Lucked out and found someone on Craigs List selling a Full Koolance setup. Internal water cooler junk, trip radiator on the top, etc! Cheapest one on the site is 439! Got it for 100 bucks! Woo-Hoo! Gonna crack it open in a few! Uhh, the hosing appears to be the puny variety. Not the bigger tubing I already had, But what can ya do?
  6. Lupiron said:
    Picked up a P5k-E wifi. No one else wanted to represent their motherboard?? Thats pretty sad. Lucked out and found someone on Craigs List selling a Full Koolance setup. Internal water cooler junk, trip radiator on the top, etc! Cheapest one on the site is 439! Got it for 100 bucks! Woo-Hoo! Gonna crack it open in a few! Uhh, the hosing appears to be the puny variety. Not the bigger tubing I already had, But what can ya do?

It's either stolen or broken.
  7. Works great, lol! Stolen case?? Ahh well. Thanks, God Of Thieves! Wouldnt mind buying whatever came in the case too, at a good price then!
    (Actually, the guy parted out a comp. Could be stolen! But since there is no info on the case anywhere, ahh well, Lucky me!)
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking