Sign in with
Your question

Please post q6600 B3 Proc + Newer MoBo OC Profiles! Buying a new MoBo!

Last response: in Overclocking
February 15, 2008 9:46:01 PM

I am trying to make this easy, hehe. I want to get a new mo bo in the next few days, but want one that overclocks well with the B3 version q6600. We all know Nvidias 650-680 boards are hating on q6600s most of the time! Want to use 4 x 1 gig pc 6400 5-5-5-18 RAM as well.

If you have a B3 and a MoBo that overclocks it quite well, please let me know! Going for SLI, but its not needed. All input is good input as I am new to the OC stuffs.

--Thanks! Lupi!
February 15, 2008 10:16:48 PM

I don't like SLI, so I'm going to recommend the Asus P5k-e.
February 16, 2008 12:44:17 AM

Yeah, I have seen that a lot of people like that board! I am not to picky. I Like sli because I have Ultras, but one would work, ya know? ;)  I think I will let this linger up here for the weekend, and then buy a board on monday!

Thanks for the advice!
Related resources
February 16, 2008 4:17:00 AM

You have Ultras? As in the plural? Well there is no point in wasting one, either get an SLi board, or send me the spare Ultra. I know which I'd prefer...

Personally, I like the Gigabyte boards
February 16, 2008 6:58:36 AM

Hehe, well thats a good idea! If only I didnt have 3 Quads! My b3 and g0 Q6600 both get one! And the phenom 9500 only gets a BFG OC'd 8800 GTS. No one likes AMD, so it doesnt get good gear! (By all means, prove me wrong and post an OC profile for phenom 9500 +m3a32-MVP and I will be happy to see if they maybe dont suck to badly with their quads. That are all flawed. And Slow. Whats all these weird wiggly lines??)

--Lupi!
February 20, 2008 11:19:44 AM

Picked up a P5k-E wifi. No one else wanted to represent their motherboard?? Thats pretty sad. Lucked out and found someone on Craigs List selling a Full Koolance setup. Internal water cooler junk, trip radiator on the top, etc! Cheapest one on the site is 439! Got it for 100 bucks! Woo-Hoo! Gonna crack it open in a few! Uhh, the hosing appears to be the puny variety. Not the bigger tubing I already had, But what can ya do?
February 20, 2008 11:43:28 AM

Lupiron said:
Picked up a P5k-E wifi. No one else wanted to represent their motherboard?? Thats pretty sad. Lucked out and found someone on Craigs List selling a Full Koolance setup. Internal water cooler junk, trip radiator on the top, etc! Cheapest one on the site is 439! Got it for 100 bucks! Woo-Hoo! Gonna crack it open in a few! Uhh, the hosing appears to be the puny variety. Not the bigger tubing I already had, But what can ya do?

It's either stolen or broken.
February 20, 2008 1:46:13 PM

Works great, lol! Stolen case?? Ahh well. Thanks, God Of Thieves! Wouldnt mind buying whatever came in the case too, at a good price then!
(Actually, the guy parted out a comp. Could be stolen! But since there is no info on the case anywhere, ahh well, Lucky me!)
!