whats more important, SM4.1 or +few fps? RV670 or G92

The G92 seems to lacking in both quality and Min FPS at only 0.40 FPS at frame 109. I think this is into the HD3870 is very smooth but 8800GT is not conclusion.

johnyeah

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
I think you meant better quality or more fps (better performance) in your topic.

Either way, it's nice to have both, if the price isn't too high.
But for me performance is greater than quality if the quality difference isn't too big (if lowering game settings to lower resolution and lower quality for a sake of 5-10 fps at an already stable 30+ fps game, I'd choose quality, on the other hand, if I'm running a game at a constant 15-30 fps, I would prefer to get the extra 5-10 fps).

The RV670 and the G92 are both speculation at the moment. I would say, save your conclusion until both cards along with their prices and benchmarks are available. It should be soon, so hold your horses!

Phenium 4 FX

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
sorry, (edited)

sometimes even if you can afford a higher one the diff. in performance is only little which you can switch to other offering (like better quality)

i wish there could be a price/perf. & quality.
LOL!

I would never put FPS before picture quality,the price point would come in as well but looking at those pictures if it was a straight choice it would be the ATI card hands down.
As long as you have enough FPS to run the game smoothly then the rest are just braging rights anyway.
Thats just my opinion though of course :)
Mactronix