P5N-E-SLI (a network cable is unplugged)

Adon

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
On my P5N-E-SLI I have a very special (a network cable is unplugged) error. I've tried most of the advanced troubleshooting steps and the issue just comes right back to the motherboard. I thought the Ethernet port was dead so I bought a PCI ethernet card, stuck it in, and still the same error. Tried reinstalling various Operating Systems, (Vista, XP) and still the same error. So it's the motherboard for sure, anyone else have the same problem or can suggest anything for me ? What I'm really hoping to find is other users with the same issues, I wanted to know how you dealt with it.

I gotta vent, sorry guys. I'm never buying Asus again, maybe I just got real unlucky, but I think their products are just not up to par. And their website is a joke and a mess, browsing it will get you an error stating that so many people are connected to the website, that I was denied, and I think that's just special that it pops up on every country narrowed Asus website I pick. I can't browse properly and the search bar wont load half the time, it will just refresh the page, there is so many posts asking questions, and no responses and no answers. And to top it all off, their damned slogan is so lost in translation it's not even funny it's just sad. "Rock solid, Heart touching" get tha fawk outta here, you'd think a company making as much money as them would be able to hire someone who spoke proper English to come up with a slogan. Any suggestions for my next motherboard ?

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

I'm rather partial to DFI.... No issues, customer support via their user base is excellent... and if you really need support they return your emails. Fast.

I went with DFI after going through 3 ASUS MB's in less than a year, and won't go back. Maybe if their customer support was better I'd re-consider, but I'm personally not willing to risk it. My primary PC is used for 24 / 7 support, and I just cannot afford the down-time.

TRENDING THREADS