Sign in with
Your question

HDMI POWER SAVER MODE

Last response: in Windows Vista
May 30, 2011 9:57:24 PM

Hello,
My LG monitor was working fine but now after a few minutes of inactivity it goes into "HDMI Power Saver Mode" and effectively freezes up. The only way to get my computer up and running again is to shut it completely down and restart hence I lose all of my data. I'm using an HP computer and I've reviewed all of the power saving schemes and I've set my computer up to stay on all of the time, but the HDMI power saving mode still continues. What should I do?

More about : hdmi power saver mode

April 27, 2012 7:08:59 PM

I've had the same problem with a Mac. The work-around I'm using is to unplug the monitor from power at the back of the monitor. My model has a power brick under the desk, and it plugs into the back of the monitor. At least, I don't have to get down on the floor. When it is plugged back into power, it comes up just fine. It is far quicker than rebooting the machine.

So far, I can find no software solution or setting on the monitor itself. I've turned off the "powersaver" option on the monitor, but "hdmi power saver mode" seems to override it.

I like the monitor except for this, but because of this, I will likely choose a different monitor when I buy 2 additional computers in the next few weeks.
m
l
!