Sign in with
Your question

ASUS "CPU Level-Up" experiences?

Last response: in Overclocking
February 18, 2008 7:55:49 PM

I'm looking for peoples' experiences good/bad with the built in "CPU Level-Up" feature of ASUS MoBos. I've got a Maximus Formula and a Q6600.

I'm looking to start out with the CPU Level-Up, and then learning more about proper OC tuning (fully reading through the stickies is going to take me a while). Google was not kind to my attempts at finding any non-marketing info on the auto-overclocking.

Is it an avoid-at-all-costs kind of feature, or is it good, but not optimal? And how trustworthy are the ASUS prepackaged monitoring tools (for temp and vcore)?

I haven't overclocked since the pentium 1 days (p133mhz overclocked to 200mhz -- I'm dating myself; how stupid i was. Imagine that, it'll burn out the chip if I house it in a mini-atx form case with a couple hot HD's! :non:  ).

More about : asus cpu level experiences

February 19, 2008 12:44:48 AM

Most of that ASus auto oc stuff isn't worth the bother. Youre better off just taking your time and doing it manually. Just google formula overclocking guides for help.

Pc probe does a pretty good job.
February 19, 2008 1:42:59 AM

do a manual oc its simple. just follow the ocing guide at the top of this forum.

i have the maximus formula and when i went from a Q6600 2.4 to 3GHz it over volted everything by huge amounts. it is better to do it manually
February 19, 2008 10:59:20 AM

Thanks for the info; I'll wait until I read through the documents then. I had a feeling that push-button solutions for something as precise as overclocking would be a bad idea.
!