Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
I build my own system with the following:

Asus P5KC
Intel core2Duo 6750
2 GB OCZ Reaper DDR2-800
Seagate 320 GB Sata2
XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB

After about a day of enjoying the new setup I starting having some intermitant boot problems and ending up sending the motherboard back to ASUS with an RMA request. I've been waiting a few weeks and started having some second thoughts about the motherboard I picked. The P5KC seems to have the best upgrade possibilities at a pretty good price.
I have some money set aside that I could use for a new motherboard and sell the one I have. I was thinking of getting either the ASUS P5N32-E SLI which would give me the option of adding another 8800GTS or going with the new P5E with the X38 chipset and would also allow me the possibility of upgrading to the newest intel processors when they come out. What do you guys think?

bcboy

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2007
I agree with your choices, either one is a great option. I myself got the P5N32-E SLI Plus, which has incredible overclocking ability, and not just dual x16 PCIe for SLI, but another x8 PCIe for a soundcard, or maybe (not sure if it needs x16 or if it can work in x8) the new PhysX card. Two 8800's and a PhysX card will kick any game's butt.

But the new X38 chipset also has great reviews, and as you say, will support more advanced technology as it comes out. Keep in mind, the P5N32 board does support all the current C2D chips, including the top-of-the-line C2Q's and C2X's.

Hope that helps...

:sol:

TRENDING THREADS