NEWEGG order stuck in packaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekdgreen

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
I ordered a couple of items during the blackfriday weekend sale...
sunday at 7:30 pm to be exact and from my usual experience with them,
they usually ship items the next day. But this time my order has been stuck to packaging
called customer service and they dont know what the exact issue is. Anyone had this experience and
should i be worried?

Solution
you do realize that for internet retailers black friday thru cyber monday is a very busy time for orders. i have worked in retail in the past and i know for a fact just how hectic this time of year is.

as yunex31 stated, give them a few days to recover and get everything sorted out. if your status has not changed by wednesday or thursday then you may want to check up again. remember, shipping might also be delayed once the order is processed due to the strain on them too.

yunex31

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
Hello geekdgreen, don't worry since you aren't the only one who this is happening to. I'm guessing it's because of all the orders they have and are still receiving. I mean I ordered something Friday night and it is still stuck on packaging still too. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Give it a few more days I suppose. The waiting is hard though.

geekdgreen

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
DAMN you newegg....i mean is this a normal issues for them during these kinds of sales.
lets hope newegg updates our items and send out our stuff soon

you do realize that for internet retailers black friday thru cyber monday is a very busy time for orders. i have worked in retail in the past and i know for a fact just how hectic this time of year is.

as yunex31 stated, give them a few days to recover and get everything sorted out. if your status has not changed by wednesday or thursday then you may want to check up again. remember, shipping might also be delayed once the order is processed due to the strain on them too.

Solution

doubleint

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
I have the same problem. I just contacted Newegg and they said it was because of a promotion and it should ship either today or tomorrow. So if you got some sort of promotion that may be why it's taking so long.

geekdgreen

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

yea i called them too earlier today, they said i should be getting the tracking number...well currently its 9:20pm and still no tracking number. clearly i have been lied too.
shame...shame....shame

geekdgreen

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
update:
after talking to a customer service rep tuesday afternoon she said i should be
getting a tracking number by the end of tuesday...I did not. So I chatted with a
24hour online rep before this post and she told me that their systems are down and
not to be expected to be up and running by thursday morning. So i guess ill have to hope for the best
and see if my package comes in today or by friday.

ReactionDT

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I placed an order on black friday as well..Still in packaging. Took them 2 days to confirm my payment and all I want to know is since I picked overnight shipping for this in order to build my nephew a PC for his birthday by the weekend, are they going to be refunding my shipping cost? Which was like $60 or something ridiculous on an order that was over $1k

geekdgreen

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

man thats bogus...yea they should. When i talked to a customer service rep he offered me $20 credit for the delay for my issue...I dont know how their going to do that cause I dont see $20 in my bank account. Just give them a call and ask. Ive been bugged them for 2 days to finally get a straight answer. Finally got a tracking number

alcaet

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
at least im not alone in this matter my PC is sick and i need my new RAM so my computer works to do my finals and stuff!

ReactionDT

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Welp here we go with another day and my order is still in packaging. Lets hope this thing ships out today or I'm going to lose my mind....I love how the last 3 days ive been told it should ship out the next. No one is willing to do anything about crediting me for my shipping costs. It's starting to get a little ridiculous...especially with these 30 min waits on the phone for a rep.

dkulprit

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
I am having similar issues. I used to work in IT and my company would use them all the time for builds, from voip servers to gaming rigs for clients. When we chose 2 day shipping it meant we would get it in 3 days.

This was 4+ years ago though. I was so impressed with them back than I had no problem using them only for building my new pc even though some components were cheaper elsewhere. 1 day to process, 2 days in packing so far on 4 small items. I paid for 2 day shipping. Considering that they don't deliver on Saturdays, even if they ship tomorrow, I won't get it until Monday. Considering packages STILL move on the weekend, it would have been the same as the free 3day shipping.

Silly me for assuming that 2day meant 1 day processing/packing, 2 day delivery. At this rate even if chose next day it would still have been 4 days. Silly me for paying 40.40 for something that would have gotten to me around the same time as free shipping. Silly me for automatically assuming that they still were as good as they used to be.

Funny, while typing this I got an email notifying me of shipping number for 3 items I purchased 11 hours after the items I paid 40.40 to have shipped 2day for. Which means I will get them before my important items. If I am ever forced to use Newegg again, I will know not to pay for shipping. It seems not paying for shipments makes it more important somehow.

I don't care if they are busier than normal during the Holidays. I have worked retail during the holidays too. Companies hire extra people for this reason. It is called seasonal work. This isn't their first rodeo, obviously they are more concerned about the extra money earned while during this season instead of hiring more employees. They used to be client focused. Doesn't appear so anymore.

Now that my volunteer service in the military is coming to an end, I will be going back into the IT field. I will never order, or ever recommend ordering, from Newegg to anyone ever.

dkulprit

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Update: Last night at around 2100 PST, I was notified it was shipped. By shipped they mean they sent the information to FedEx. Not until 1630 today did the items actually leave the warehouse.

halfchalupa

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
I know this was listed as solved but i'm having a similar problem and instead of creating a new thread i decided to post here.

Same deal, stuck on packaging... i ordered Monday and i understand Monday and Tuesday were holidays. But it's now been four days and still says packaging.

Should i contact newegg or just wait even longer?

srules

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

I ordered Tuesday and am having this issue as well. Let me know if you contact them.

srules

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
I just chatted with them and I received the following reply.

Thank you for holding. Upon viewing your account, we noticed that your order#XXXXXXX has been processed and charged. Our warehouse is preparing to ship out your order currently. We'll send you an email with the tracking number as soon as your order ships. Please kindly note that your order will not be processed until today due to the New Year holiday and weekend. We are doing our best to get your order shipped out as soon as possible. Please contact us back if the order is not shipped out tomorrow and we will send a request to look into this matter.

halfchalupa

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011

It's good to know it's not just me then, I suppose i have to wait till next week for something i ordered "next day shipping" for.

Inmate 001

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
I fully realize this is an old thread, but I found something in this pertinent.

I work in a factory currently, while factories and UPS/Newegg are not exactly the same (duh), there are enough similarities in how things work for me to know a bit about how this all goes down:

Here's the thing about shipping that most (not all) people don't realize.

- You are paying them to pay UPS/USPS to ship. Overnight/Next-Day shipping will get it to you in said time from the moment it leaves NEWEGG's hands. In other words:

Say you ordered a new monitor, and check Overnight and pay 50 bucks. The system does it's thing and get's the order to the departments it needs to go through to get to "packaging".

Once packaging receives the "order" eventually (sometimes right off the bat, sometimes it will take all hell breaking loose) the item gets picked up by someone and braught back around to "packaging".

Then "packaging" puts it in a padded red tote (used to be anyways, don't know if it is still), and then goes through a sort of "sorting" system that gets your new monitor sorted out to the right and proper truck (most of the time, heh).

Then the truck takes it to UPS, or UPS picks it up direct from newegg... either way... it is at this point that you will get your "overnight" from, as as they pick it up with other orders, they also then give the proper payments (I'm sure this is how it works, anyone able to say otherwise?) and such, and off they go for overnight/ next-day shipment.

So if something gets stuck in packaging, you have to realize that humans are involved at this stage for a large enough portion that things can happen. Could be incompetent employees, lazy ones even... and they eventually are caught, reprimanded, and/or fired... Could also be that they currently do not have easy access to said item. They might have said item in a lot (meaning area) of boxes that are currently covered by other boxes and have to have a fork-lift truck driver undo said mess at their earliest convenience, as these drivers already probably have a HUGE load of work before something like this comes over the radio to them or their supervisor/PC (personel control).

overnight/next day just means from the point UPS/USPS gets it. And it's not guaranteed within that time, overnight get's the same guarantee that 3 day gets I think... though correct me if I'm wrong... basicly if you get it within 12 days they consider it successful, even if you payed 50.50 for overnight.... though I might be wrong, I don't work for UPS nor have I ever been in a facility. Just guesstimation.

Also, if it get's stuck at a hub, I can tell you not from personal experience but having seen enough people that work at various hubs post on various forums over the years... they break their backs to get you your new monitor. I mean more than what they get payed for.... it's well beyond "borderline" slave treatment at some, if not all, ups places.... So trust in them and me that they do the best they possibly can to make sure that orders get out on or before time. They NEVER hold it just out of maliciousness. If it get's held up at a hub or elsewhere, it's most likely out of the fact they UPS doesn't send a truck out until it's able to be completely filled. That alone can take extraordinary times... but MOST of the time it get's sorted and filled faster than you could ever imagine that amount of products along with yours getting done in...

Trust me, in the end, there are workers at all points breaking their backs to get you your package.

And as for people (to hijack this thread a bit) that bash companies for putting defective products into packaging and then selling it... trust me, this is where my factory knowledge comes in:

Having worked for Electrolux Manufacturing of Anderson for 3 years (top mount refrigerators), I can tell you that employee incopetience is there, but eventually get's delt with... so that is a factor, but small.

What mostly happens is that the humans involved in the process, at any point, either get tired or bored... and the mind wanders away from the repeitious things they are doing and thats when things get through, even Quality Assurance has it occur. They do their best, but this is where things like this should, but don't always end... final quality assurance testing and personnel. They get tired, but shouldn't process another unit until they are sure the one they are on works 100%. Also realize that some things are still allowed through because the unity essentially still works up to their standards. And there's the magic word, standards. If it meets or exceeds standards... it's good to go. Say said monitor. If they allow 5 dead/always on pixels... guess what you might get in your brand new box... Not all workers break their backs, but over 90% of us do so, in any trade... including Newegg.com's sales, and UPS shipping.

And to answer the obligatory question, yes I did order a new monitor. The monitor is an ASUS VG248QE 144hz LED-Backlit masterpiece of a TN panel :D. I can't wait to get it. It's an upgrade over my older ACER 60hz tn panel that is backlit by cold cathode fluorescent tubes.

dkulprit

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah, about a year old!

The issue was that I paid the 2.99 "rush processing fee." Which should have been had it out the door sooner, but they didn't process the order for 5-7 days, do not remember exactly what. So the issue was the fact that I paid for a service they did not even provide. Since then the exact same thing has happened with them many more times. Each time I have been reimbursed for each one of their failures to do what I paid for. I understand the holidays and this being the busiest time of the year, but if you offer a service that I am happy to pay for, do what your service claims it will do.

It has gotten to the point that if I need something rush I do not even bother to purchase newegg anymore. I have an amazon prime account and I will have things the very next day or within 2 days. It's awesome. Last year when I made this post I did not order enough online to justify having a Prime account, but I am getting at least 15 packages a month now and it is totally worth it. I will only order amazon if I don't need it asap or if the current sale is worth the wait.

When I first started using newegg years ago they were awesome and were on top of their game. Now, they don't seem to care as much and don't even bother doing what a customer has paid for if they are too busy, during the off season like summertime, a majority of the time I will get the package quickly. Now don't get me wrong, newegg is still one of the TOP vendors online. If I cannot get it through amazon, I will purchase from newegg even if it is more expensive then competitors. Their customer service if you do need to return something or complain about the fact that I paid a rush processing fee and they took their time will resolve the issue in a very quick manner. I think if I were a new(er) customer I would be extremely pleased with their service, but I was ordering from them when they first started and put a little more effort into pleasing customers, so comparatively it is a little disappointing and frustrating, but they are still great.

Status
Not open for further replies.