Sign in with
Your question

Can you prioritize the order of startup programs?

Last response: in Windows XP
April 1, 2010 12:00:23 PM

Does anyone know of a way to do this? Have tried msconfig, autoruns etc but can't think of anything else to do.
April 1, 2010 7:21:13 PM

Any special reason you need to do this?
What program(s) do you need this applied to?
m
l
April 2, 2010 3:47:27 AM

What's in your startup? Run Hijack This, and post the log file. If you know how to paste and edit, just post the 04 entries of the log file.

Don't use autoruns unless you're areal expert on system processes. You can disable your system seriously.
m
l
Related resources
April 4, 2010 3:15:34 AM

Actually, I wasn't reading carefully. Sorry. But my comment about autoruns still applies.

Use Startup Delayer.
m
l
April 4, 2010 8:10:31 AM

[#004ff]If eth StartUp ityem relies on a Service, you can change the Priority of tahht Service if that's any help. [/#004]
m
l
April 4, 2010 8:11:27 AM

Or when typed properly - If the StartUp item relies on a Service, you can change the Priority of that Service if that's any help.
m
l
April 4, 2010 7:18:25 PM

I have very few running, but delaying some utilities makes startup even faster. It was more of an issue when I had slow startup for someone unknown reason, which later sorted itself out.

Saga, I can t find the color icon. Are you doing it with your own BBcode?
m
l
April 4, 2010 7:26:02 PM

graywolf said:
I have very few running, but delaying some utilities makes startup even faster. It was more of an issue when I had slow startup for someone unknown reason, which later sorted itself out.

Saga, I can t find the color icon. Are you doing it with your own BBcode?

It seems to be under the View More icon and once I settled on my preferred shade of blue, I've popped the toggles for colour and bold into a Notepad document to put in each reply. It's not just a colour thing for me - I find it much easier to proofread in a bold colour font and sort my typos out at Preview stage - as I can't find the Edit button we had in TSG. :D 
m
l
April 4, 2010 7:37:40 PM

Found it., but you have to click several times. It's also easier to find your own posts.
m
l
April 4, 2010 7:40:12 PM

Let me try this, because i have a BBCode in my context menu in Firefox.
m
l
April 4, 2010 7:41:09 PM

Doesn't work here. Works at every other forum. [:mousemonkey:2] :pt1cable:  I'll use the View More.

You write each reply in Notepad first? You can also keep the color code if you have something like Clipmate. I eat. sleep and breathe with that program.
m
l
April 5, 2010 8:52:08 AM

graywolf said:
Doesn't work here. Works at every other forum. [:mousemonkey:2] :pt1cable:  I'll use the View More.

You write each reply in Notepad first? You can also keep the color code if you have something like Clipmate. I eat. sleep and breathe with that program.

Actually, Graywolf, I don't write everything in Notepad - I only keep the doc in the tray to clipboard the bold and colour code into this Reply box. The View More was more trouble than enough because it kept moving after I thought I'd nailed down the right colour :D  It's probably an age thing - I blame everything on that these days.

m
l
!