TRUE or IFX-14?

Zukky

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
Ok ok! On the main page of this website, there is the CPU Cooler chart 2008. On that, "Tom's hardware" recommends IFX-14 and has proof into why? But now that i have been in the forums, all i have heard that Thermalright Ultra 120 is ZEE BEST. No matter what, hands-down and IFX-14 not as good?

IFX-14 has this other bit, which can cool a part of the motherboard, isn't this better overall? Massive heasink plus additional for motherboard?

TRUE is really good apparently when Lapped? What about when not lapped? Is it as good as the IFX-14?

TRUE or IFX-14? Pros & Cons please.

Thank you.

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
ugh, you had to make soooo many threads.

That xtra heatsink on the IFX does diddly squat. Nothing. NADA for temperatures.

I said this before. With powerful fans the TRUE beats the IFX-14.

Zukky

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
Isn't this a Forum? I believe you have to make threads to get your questions answered. If I make 1-2 or even 3, what does it do to you? Does it harm you in anyway? I need to have questions answered, so i make threads? You understand yet?!

Anyway back on the damn subject. The TRUE with powerful fans, does this mean i have to have fans that are really loud? As most powerful fans have he tendancy to be loud.

nemoreborn

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
i dont know why people care about threads !?? there is not suposed to have just 1 moderator here right !? and i didnt saw him complain about thread ... maybe being mean is a new style !

btw u dont need an extra powerful aftermarket to push OC to 3.0 !
just go ahead with the one u like ... everything is better then stock intel fan :p ( thermalright 120 with fan set to low is not loud )

:bounce:

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Sorry guys....long day....little irritable

Yes powerful means loud, but 2 powerful fans on a controller makes it easy to control the sound when you dont need the power

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
Moderators do warn people for not using the search button. Not naming anybody though :whistle:

Assuming that sound increases exponentially with rpm, it's better to have a push-pull config to lower noise and maximize performance.

nemoreborn

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
wow ... like i said , being mean is a new way to be cool online !!!! ... dang i wish i could have enought time to be always online and become mean me too ! ... sad i got a life . :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

TRENDING THREADS