Need help with Viewsonic LCD monitor

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Viewsonic
  • LCD Monitor
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
November 14, 2007 3:15:44 PM

I was using Viewsonic VP2030b. I had some problems with color so I sent it back to Viewsonic for repair. They wanted to send a replacement but there was none in stock, and they now offer VX2235WM to replace VP2030b.

I did some searches on the web, and I see that VX2235WM has bad reviews while VP2030b's is decent. What concerns me more is the prices of those two. It seems like VP2030b is more expensive at the moment. I don't want to have a replacement that's cheaper in price than what I originally had. But, when I see the spec, it seems like VX2235WM has better spec than VP2030b. So, I wonder why VP2030b is more expansive. Is it because it's more rare or is VP2030b really better quiality product than VX2235WM.

Please advise me on what to do.

More about : viewsonic lcd monitor

November 14, 2007 3:56:16 PM

My advise is to get a cash refund. viewsonic sucks. Take your money and get a Samsung. Samsungs are the best LCD period IMO. My next one will be a Samsung 47". At the moment I have a Acer AL2002w and it is nice:) 
November 14, 2007 4:00:43 PM

If I could do that, I already would have done the cash refund! It's been a few years since I bought it so refund isn't possible.
Related resources
November 14, 2007 4:29:23 PM

Maybe take the monitor they are offering you and then sell it off, and get yourself a better monitor.
November 14, 2007 4:32:23 PM

cfvh600 said:
Maybe take the monitor they are offering you and then sell it off, and get yourself a better monitor.

Yup tell them you want one that costs around what you paid then sell it.
November 14, 2007 5:38:28 PM

I don't know why you say the VX2235 has better specs. It might be faster (5ms instead of 8), but there's a bunch of ways to measure the monitors speed. Your monitor has a pivot, which the other one does not, height adjustment, yours has a higher contrast ratio, and higher resolution (1600x1200 instead of 1680x1050). Oh, and yours has a USB hub too, which the other one doesn't. And it's a "Pro" series monitor, instead of a consumer grade one.

Going by their current website prices (which they can't argue much with), yours is worth $90 more than the other. Personally, I'd try to hold out for more, and give them the reasons why... Tell them you really need the pivot and height adjustment; that's why you bought that monitor.

Clint
November 14, 2007 6:07:54 PM

I just called them and told I will wait for my model. I'm sure that they will send refurbished one for replacement. If I'm trying to sell a refurbished one on eBay, how much should I sell it for?
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2007 7:37:13 PM

I would think that if you put "Refurbished: LCD monitor for sale" on eBay, 2 things will happen.

1. Lower selling price...'refurbished' scares people by thinking its less superior than a retail part.

2. Actually posting that on eBay would be entirely too honest for eBay...
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2007 7:38:22 PM

I would think that if you put "Refurbished: LCD monitor for sale" on eBay, 2 things will happen.

1. Lower selling price...'refurbished' scares people by thinking its less superior than a retail part.

2. Actually posting that on eBay would be entirely too honest for eBay...
a c 412 U Graphics card
November 14, 2007 8:07:13 PM

The Viewsonic VP2030b uses a PVA panel which is more expensive to make than a TN panel found in all 22" LCD monitors.

PVA panels are true 8-bit panels capable of producing 16.7 million colors. TN panels are 6-bit panels; some say 8-bit, but that's BS because that 6-bits for colors and another 2-bits for dithering. That means TN panels can only produce 262k and through the use of dithering, the remaining 16 million colors are estimated.

Tell Viewsonic you need the monitor to do Photoshop work and the reason you bought the VP2030b is for the color accruacy and black levels. The VX2235WM uses the inferior TN panel tech which in the end provides poor color accuracy for the purpose of doing imagine editing and/or processing.

If they cannot provide you with a replacement VP2030b, then tell them you want the VP2130b which is in the same "Professional Line" of LCD monitors. It is a 21.3" monitor which uses a PVA panel. Viewsonic should upgrade you to a monitor that is appropriate to your needs, not downgrade you.

Make it clear that you do not want an inferior monitor as a replacement. As to speak to a manager if necessary.
November 14, 2007 8:14:12 PM

jaguarskx//You made it very clear. I'll wait 1 more week and yell at them if there is no update. Thank you very much for the technical information. I never knew :) 
November 2, 2008 6:50:59 AM

Viewsonic is not only crap, but they have the worst warranty in the business. I feel so bad about advising my friend to buy one of their crap monitors: 2 years later it is not working at all. So I called to get him an RMA, only to get it fixed, you have to go to fedex, buy a box, package up the monitor, pay for shipping to California, (that’s the only authorized service center in the entire US), and wait 3 or more weeks.

About a year ago I bought 4 Samsung Monitors. Yes, all 4 had the same defect that was very hard to diagnose, but once I did finally realize that the monitors were faulty, I called Samsung. No hassles: I gave them a credit card number, they shipped me four refurbished monitors; meanwhile I continued to use my defective ones. The refurbs arrived, I pulled them out of the boxes, put in the defectives, and dropped the four boxes off at UPS. My cost: $0.0! My refurbished monitors arrived in excellent condition and worked perfectly, then, and ever since.

Samsung is the shizzy! Viewsonic is the shi*