Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

8 by 8 strategie

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 9:48:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Hello everybody,

First i would appoligy for my bad english, we here in holland speak dutch
:-)

I've a question about de 8 by 8 tiles strategie, becouse i don't can find a
proper way to use it, everytime i've made a square of 8 * 8 with roads on it
and i develop it with medium or high density residential or commercial, than
the 4 tiles in the middle gives me de no road sign, en there will be never
build.....

My city is now over 60 years old en has about 45.000 people in it.

Wat am i doing wrong ????

Thanx for the help
Hans

More about : strategie

September 27, 2004 6:04:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

> My city is now over 60 years old en has about 45.000 people in it.
>
> Wat am i doing wrong ????

I think your problem stems from not having enough demand for the larger
buildings - try bulldozing an entire block and see what re-develops there. I
figure at the moment you only have buildings 2-3 squares large at most, am I
correct? Also, make sure water is connected and desirability is up. Failing
that build smaller tile areas :p 

Mike
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 7:47:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:48:20 +0200, "Hans Beukman" <spid@xs4all.nl>
wrote:

>First i would appoligy for my bad english, we here in holland speak dutch
>:-)

Hi Hans

There's no need to apolgize for your English. I have visited the
Netherlands three times, twice on rugby tours, and everyone I met was
able to speak excellent and almost perfect English ... and French ...
and Italian ...

Of course, I cannot speak Italian myself and my French is very basic
so I can only guess at your fellow countrymen's and women's abilities
in speaking those two languages.

Regards
James
Related resources
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 7:07:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

"Hans Beukman" <spid@xs4all.nl> wrote in
news:41559349$0$30031$e4fe514c@dreader13.news.xs4all.nl:

> Hello everybody,
>
> First i would appoligy for my bad english, we here in holland speak
> dutch
>:-)
>
> I've a question about de 8 by 8 tiles strategie, becouse i don't can
> find a proper way to use it, everytime i've made a square of 8 * 8
> with roads on it and i develop it with medium or high density
> residential or commercial, than the 4 tiles in the middle gives me de
> no road sign, en there will be never build.....
>
> My city is now over 60 years old en has about 45.000 people in it.
>
> Wat am i doing wrong ????
>
> Thanx for the help
> Hans
>
>

I'm not sure how it is with SC4K, but in SC3K: Residential would
build to 4 squares from the road, commercial 3, industrial 5.
Depanding upaon demand, the ones closer to the road build first.
Also there are things that will allow deeper development.

--
Just my $0.02 worth. Hope it helps
Gordon Reeder
greeder
at: myself.com

Where is George Bush leading this country
and what are we doing in this hand basket??
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 7:33:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

In news:alt.games.simcity, Gordon Reeder <GonzoGreeder@all.to.myself.com>
posted on Tue, 28 Sep 2004 03:07:47 -0000:

> I'm not sure how it is with SC4K, but in SC3K: Residential would
> build to 4 squares from the road, commercial 3, industrial 5.
> Depanding upaon demand, the ones closer to the road build first.
> Also there are things that will allow deeper development.

In SC4K, when you lay out zones, you get an indication of how the lot will
lay and in what direction the driveway will sit. Each lot needs to be
touching a road or street. Personally I think we should have more control
over how lots are laid out, but there seems to be no way to control that.
Some residential lots are 1 x 2, some are 1 x 3, some are 2 x 2. You can
also force some layouts by plopping down 1 x 1 lots, but I'm not sure if
that negatively affects the game or not. I like to try to make that a low
income part of town.

Damaeus
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 7:33:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Damaeus <no-mail@hotmail.invalid.net> wrote in
news:32srq0d646mbcmch3vjlccolq7igbjbkvn@4ax.com:

> In news:alt.games.simcity, Gordon Reeder
> <GonzoGreeder@all.to.myself.com> posted on Tue, 28 Sep 2004 03:07:47
> -0000:
>
>> I'm not sure how it is with SC4K, but in SC3K: Residential would
>> build to 4 squares from the road, commercial 3, industrial 5.
>> Depanding upaon demand, the ones closer to the road build first.
>> Also there are things that will allow deeper development.
>
> In SC4K, when you lay out zones, you get an indication of how the lot
> will lay and in what direction the driveway will sit. Each lot needs
> to be touching a road or street. Personally I think we should have
> more control over how lots are laid out, but there seems to be no way
> to control that. Some residential lots are 1 x 2, some are 1 x 3, some
> are 2 x 2. You can also force some layouts by plopping down 1 x 1
> lots, but I'm not sure if that negatively affects the game or not. I
> like to try to make that a low income part of town.
>
> Damaeus
>

That would be more realistic. After all, most municipalities have
zoning codes that set the density of development. For instance
R-7 is used around here to indicate residential (single family)
on 7000 sf lots. There are also R-5, R-9, R-10 etc. Might be
usefull in Sim City to allow denseer development and it could
be changed by Sim petition.

--
Just my $0.02 worth. Hope it helps
Gordon Reeder
greeder
at: myself.com

Hey Dubya!
Unity means let's try to meet each other halfway
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 5:48:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Gordon Reeder <GonzoGreeder@all.to.myself.com> wrote in
news:Xns95B2D12E6EABFgreederworldsharenet@216.168.3.44:

Hey Dubya!
Unity means let's try to meet each other halfway



Maybe he could meet them 40% of the way, since he won. Not only the
presidency, but gained seats in both houses. I think that means more
Americans want his policies than want Kerry's, so meeting about 40% of the
way there would be a nice compromise.
!