Pros and Cons

Okay, this is pretty much what I've figured out from the past couple months:
Nvidia will release the revised core of the 8800GTS on Dec. 3 by upgrading it to the g92. It will be faster and have more memory, but has that low bit (256? my 6600 is 256...). The 8800GT is good, but there's no point in getting it as enw stuff is coming out in a few weeks.ATI has new cards coming out, too. The advantages to those are cheap, good performance, crossfireX (4 cards), support for both Intel and AMD motherboards, and DX10.1. I also read somewhere about multi-generational corssfire, which in my opinion is the ultimate upgrade oppertunity, but is this true? The main thing going for Nvidia right now is the EVGA step-up program, which pretty much guarentees that I will buy from EVGA only when buying Nvidia cards. IMO, future proof, upgrade accessability, and price/performance ratio are the most important things about computers.

So, my question to you is: Who do you guys think will come out on top?
Nvidia: faster and seems to beat ATI to everything, step up
or
ATI(i say this to not get confused with the AMD processors, i know its all AMD now): CrossfireX, multi-generational crossfire, dx10.1, and a strong history of being cheaper than Nvidia

It appears that ATI whould win, but what do you think?
3 answers Last reply
More about pros cons
  1. The only way ATI is going to beat NVIDIA,is if their drivers get revamped to take full advantage of the new hardware.ATI's weakest point has always been their drivers.As long as they insist on puting out the drivers they do,they'll always be a step behind.Even though ATI cards do have better picture quality,and fully support DX10.1,they don't seem capable of tweaking their drivers to unleash the full potential of their cards.The price point on ATI cards is a plus as it enables them to sell great performance to the consumer for cheaper.But again,you still take a performance hit when compared to NVIDIA.Goodluck.

Dahak

M2N32-SLI DELUXE WE
    X2 5600+ STOCK (2.8GHZ)
    2X1GIG DDR2 800 IN DC MODE
    TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
    EVGA 7950 GX2 550/1400
    SMILIDON RAIDMAX GAMING CASE
    ACER 22IN WS LCD 1680X1050
    250GIG HD/320GIG HD
    G5 GAMING MOUSE
    LOGITECH Z-5500 5.1 SURROUND SYSTEM
    500WATS CONTINUOUS,1000 PEAK
    WIN XP MCE SP2
    3DMARK 05 13,685
  2. ATI did have 2 chances to kick the 8800GTXes butt 2900xt and 3870 and non of them did the job
  3. yes i agree with that guy ^^
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Nvidia Graphics