digitalprospecter

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Hi Mary,

What are the symptoms besides freezing? Are you getting any pops-ups? What Anti-virus program are you running and have you performed a full system scan with it yet? Answer these questions for me, and we will try to work it out for you.

Cheers!

maryewhite

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

when the computer last had anything come up it suddenly said I had a trojan (I think) and it froze up. I cannot figure how to have it boot up. I know it has power to the machine since I can turn on the key that is number lock key reflects power to it. This is about all I can say. I have CA Internet Security Suite. I have Mozilla and Firefox. thanks, Mary

maryewhite

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
I thought I had submitted the information. My virus program is CA Internet Security Suite. The last time I was able to have communication with the computer, suddenly a note came on saying I had a Trojan and as I tried to do something about it the machine froze up and I cannot boot it up. I know there is power to it for the Number Lock key light comes on. Thanks, Mary W

Tap F8 repeatedly, while your computer is starting up. That should bring up the boot options. Use the arrows to highlight 'safe mode with networking' and hit enter. You will get a pop up asking if you want to continue, click yes. Once in safe mode, download, install, and update malwarebytes. Then do a full system scan.
www.malwarebytes.org/