Windows xp driver issue black version

neobreaker

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
ok well i had windows vista home premium on a Toshiba satellite L45-S4687 and i using a cd program and ended up rewriting over my OS so my friend who's pretty good with computers came over and had to install a new OS he said it was called Black Xp and he installed almost all the drivers i need, but i dont have sound

he didnt have time to get me a sound driver, and now my phones out of minutes so i cant get ahold of him lol

im pretty sure i have a soundmax audio card thing but im not 100% im not very good with computers so yeah

but i would appreciate any help to get me the right sound driver that i need so i can listen to music and hear when im in a video conference etc.

neobreaker

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
i have quit a few drivers that are out of date, ive come across several driver scanners and they all say about the same thing that my chipset is out of date etc.. but they all want me to buy their product to download the drivers i need, and i dont have any money lol, but for right now i just need my sound working

graywolf

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Black XP is an illegal copy. You're going to have problems with Genuine Advantage and/or activation and assorted other problems if it's not an accurate copy.

I would call or email Toshiba, tell them you never received a CD, give them your Product ID, and ask to buy an XP CD. I don't think the CD itself, when you already own a license, costs very much.

neobreaker

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
i've seen a few other threads on the topic of black xp so obviously you do.. i would really appreciate any and all help, i have no way to get a different OS atm so if someone could help me with my sound driver issue it would be most appreciated

neobreaker

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
ok well if you could assist with getting my original version of vista back that would be alot better then fixing the stupid driver issue i much prefer vista to black xp

I assume your PC didn't come with restore discs? Have you checked to see if there is a recovery partition installed (usually a 2nd drive in my computer that's almost full)?

If your original vista install is still in tact on a recovery parition, then accessing that will restore it back to it's original condition.

neobreaker

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
no it didnt come with restore discs, or if it did i lost them, and all of my partitions got overwrote i still have my license key so all i need is a new cd but i have no idea on how to get a legit copy

corry116

Distinguished
May 6, 2010

well i have xp
i go in controll panel
system
hardware
device manager right click dont highlight then choose scan for hardware changes if that doesnt work then look for sound card on device manager scroll down until you see the appropriate file