Strange invites after I4

Starting shortly after I4, Booster Paque is now getting tells asking her
if she can join a team that needs a defender. Certainly this is much more
polite than a blind invite ... except that she is duoing with my tanker at
the time. (It's not only just after we team up either.) I wonder if the
new team seek display is so unfamiliar that people can no longer see who
is on team and who is not. Evidently there is no column for that, you
have to judge by the color, and it is not explained anywhere.

Anyone else noticed this, or is it just because she is now excessively
cute with her shoulder kitten and they want to tempt her away from me? ^_^

good sign." -G
5 answers Last reply
More about strange invites
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> wrote in

    > Starting shortly after I4, Booster Paque is now getting tells asking
    > her if she can join a team that needs a defender. Certainly this is
    > much more polite than a blind invite ... except that she is duoing
    > with my tanker at the time. (It's not only just after we team up
    > either.) I wonder if the new team seek display is so unfamiliar that
    > people can no longer see who is on team and who is not. Evidently
    > there is no column for that, you have to judge by the color, and it is
    > not explained anywhere.
    >
    > Anyone else noticed this, or is it just because she is now excessively
    > cute with her shoulder kitten and they want to tempt her away from me?
    > ^_^

    I think it's because people are excessively stupid.

    I've put the following in my comment field:

    "No LFT flag = No team"
    "I am NOT LFT"
    "Invite = Ignore"
    "NO TEAMS!"

    and so on - people seem to think that a tanker has nothing better to do
    than to PL total strangers all day. (I'm finding that the blind invites get
    progressively worse from 35 upwards, but only for the tanks - esp. fire
    tanks)

    --
    Marc Bissonnette
    CGI / Database / Web Management Tools: http://www.internalysis.com

    "Marc Bissonnette" <dragnet@internalysis.com> wrote in message
    | Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> wrote in
    |
    | > Starting shortly after I4, Booster Paque is now getting tells asking
    | > her if she can join a team that needs a defender. Certainly this is
    | > much more polite than a blind invite ... except that she is duoing
    | > with my tanker at the time. (It's not only just after we team up
    | > either.) I wonder if the new team seek display is so unfamiliar that
    | > people can no longer see who is on team and who is not. Evidently
    | > there is no column for that, you have to judge by the color, and it is
    | > not explained anywhere.
    | >
    | > Anyone else noticed this, or is it just because she is now excessively
    | > cute with her shoulder kitten and they want to tempt her away from me?
    | > ^_^
    |
    | I think it's because people are excessively stupid.
    |
    | I've put the following in my comment field:
    |
    | "No LFT flag = No team"
    | "I am NOT LFT"
    | "Invite = Ignore"
    | "NO TEAMS!"
    |
    | and so on - people seem to think that a tanker has nothing better to do
    | than to PL total strangers all day. (I'm finding that the blind invites
    get
    | progressively worse from 35 upwards, but only for the tanks - esp. fire
    | tanks)

    I guess it is my Fire/Fire Tank's fault for being so damn cool in
    public.
    (Does some feigned vain preening to emphasize the sarcasm).
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Magnus Itland schrieb:

    > wonder if the new team seek display is so unfamiliar that people can no
    > longer see who is on team and who is not.

    What does "no longer" mean? Was it ever possible to tell if someone's on
    a team by looking at the search window?

    > Evidently there is no column
    > for that, you have to judge by the color, and it is not explained anywhere.

    How does it work and why isn't it documented then?

    ~T.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Thomas Adams wrote:

    >> Evidently there is no column
    >> for that, you have to judge by the color, and it is not explained anywhere.
    >
    > How does it work and why isn't it documented then?

    If the name is greyed they're teamed.

    --
    John Parkinson
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 15:39:50 +0200, Thomas Adams <thomas.o.adams@gmail.com> wrote:

    > What does "no longer" mean? Was it ever possible to tell if
    > someone's on a team by looking at the search window?

    Yes, and it still is possible. When you do a search on all, the
    people whose names glow more brightly are un-teamed.

    --
    Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
    Robotech_Master |
    | http://www.terrania.us/conga.html