Sims 2 + SimCity 4: Interactions

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

With TS1 you could put your Sims into your cities, can you do it with TS2?

I read somewhere that you can use parts of your cities as neighbourhoods how
does it work?
6 answers Last reply
More about sims simcity interactions
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    You can make a neighbourhood for TS2 with SC4. You use a small city size
    and the neighbourhood will only be a small part of that. Maxis says it's
    the middle of the map that gets transferred across but in my experience it's
    the middle south of the SC4 map that gets taken up. Only certain things
    transfer - basically roads and, allegedly, bridges though I've found that a
    bit tricky. Also trees. Nothing else - just the land topography, road
    layout and trees. The transfer can be a bit patchy and sometimes you loose
    bits of road and the bridges. However, with the neighbourhood building
    tools in TS2 itself and a good high-end graphics card, the neighbourhood you
    build can end up looking pretty good. I think I might post one of mine -
    when I'm satisfied with it - either on the main site or TSR.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Will Bradshaw" <wbradshaw@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
    > With TS1 you could put your Sims into your cities, can you do it with TS2?
    >
    > I read somewhere that you can use parts of your cities as neighbourhoods
    how
    > does it work?

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:53:36 +0100, "Will Bradshaw"
    <wbradshaw@beasolutions.com> wrote:

    >With TS1 you could put your Sims into your cities, can you do it with TS2?

    Nope :-\

    >I read somewhere that you can use parts of your cities as neighbourhoods how
    >does it work?

    Yep... well... I think the way it works is, you use the smallest map
    type from SC4, and you draw roads and stuff... and then you can build
    houses adjacent to those roads... there are lots of sample maps in
    Sims 2... I plan to try it one of these days, and make my own map, and
    move all my houses and sims into the new neighbourhood.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    You can transfer across the topography, roads (the black ones, not the grey
    streets), trees and the first four bridges that came with SC4 only - not the
    bridges from Rush Hour (no Golden Gate then). There are some oddities pop
    up - one of my SC4 maps transferred across back to front - so east became
    west. Also, the bridges are not easy to get right as the ground around the
    ends of the bridge gets remodelled slightly in the transfer - which can
    cause it to disappear. It can be frustrating to keep having to fire up each
    programme in turn until you get everything as you want it. However, once
    you get it across, you can then use the neighbourhood modification tools in
    Sims2 to add stuff like rocks, waves and clouds and also the hot air
    balloon, birds and flowers. You can end up with something that looks pretty
    nice. The more roads you include initially means more space for lots - you
    can't add roads later so add all you want in the first place. Oh yes - you
    do use the smallest map size and it only takes the middle portion of the map
    across - so don't bother building up to the edges.

    Best wishes
    Jen

    "Guardian Pegasus" <pope@holysee.va> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:53:36 +0100, "Will Bradshaw"
    > <wbradshaw@beasolutions.com> wrote:
    >

    > >I read somewhere that you can use parts of your cities as neighbourhoods
    how
    > >does it work?
    >
    > Yep... well... I think the way it works is, you use the smallest map
    > type from SC4, and you draw roads and stuff... and then you can build
    > houses adjacent to those roads... there are lots of sample maps in
    > Sims 2... I plan to try it one of these days, and make my own map, and
    > move all my houses and sims into the new neighbourhood.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    Maxon wrote:
    > You can transfer across the topography, roads (the black ones, not
    > the grey streets), trees and the first four bridges that came with
    > SC4 only - not the bridges from Rush Hour (no Golden Gate then).
    > There are some oddities pop up - one of my SC4 maps transferred
    > across back to front - so east became west. Also, the bridges are
    > not easy to get right as the ground around the ends of the bridge
    > gets remodelled slightly in the transfer - which can cause it to
    > disappear. It can be frustrating to keep having to fire up each
    > programme in turn until you get everything as you want it. However,
    > once you get it across, you can then use the neighbourhood
    > modification tools in Sims2 to add stuff like rocks, waves and clouds
    > and also the hot air balloon, birds and flowers. You can end up with
    > something that looks pretty nice. The more roads you include
    > initially means more space for lots - you can't add roads later so
    > add all you want in the first place. Oh yes - you do use the
    > smallest map size and it only takes the middle portion of the map
    > across - so don't bother building up to the edges.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Jen

    I think they made it too difficult to get what we wanted.... I mean why
    reverse the direction, and only use the middle portion.... Why not just
    shrink the size? It's a little difficult to get everything the way I wanted
    so at one point, I just settled for an okay customed map....

    Ashikaga
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    Its more of a tacked-on feature than something core to the game, which is
    why its not as fleshed out as you might like. The entire map is rendered in
    the Sims2. You just have to unlock the camera to see all of it. This is
    to keep you from seeing the edges of the map, and the sudden drop into blue
    nothingness.

    All maps you imported will be mirrored on both axes. So up will be down,
    and left will be right. =) Roads in Sims2 are smaller than they appear in
    SimCity, so it can take some playing around before you're comfortable with
    the scale. Keep playing around with it and you'll make neighborhoods you're
    happy with.

    "Ashikaga" <citizenlouie@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Maxon wrote:
    >> You can transfer across the topography, roads (the black ones, not
    >> the grey streets), trees and the first four bridges that came with
    >> SC4 only - not the bridges from Rush Hour (no Golden Gate then).
    >> There are some oddities pop up - one of my SC4 maps transferred
    >> across back to front - so east became west. Also, the bridges are
    >> not easy to get right as the ground around the ends of the bridge
    >> gets remodelled slightly in the transfer - which can cause it to
    >> disappear. It can be frustrating to keep having to fire up each
    >> programme in turn until you get everything as you want it. However,
    >> once you get it across, you can then use the neighbourhood
    >> modification tools in Sims2 to add stuff like rocks, waves and clouds
    >> and also the hot air balloon, birds and flowers. You can end up with
    >> something that looks pretty nice. The more roads you include
    >> initially means more space for lots - you can't add roads later so
    >> add all you want in the first place. Oh yes - you do use the
    >> smallest map size and it only takes the middle portion of the map
    >> across - so don't bother building up to the edges.
    >>
    >> Best wishes
    >> Jen
    >
    > I think they made it too difficult to get what we wanted.... I mean why
    > reverse the direction, and only use the middle portion.... Why not just
    > shrink the size? It's a little difficult to get everything the way I
    > wanted so at one point, I just settled for an okay customed map....
    >
    > Ashikaga

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    Jonas Bane wrote:
    > Its more of a tacked-on feature than something core to the game,
    > which is why its not as fleshed out as you might like. The entire
    > map is rendered in the Sims2. You just have to unlock the camera to
    > see all of it. This is to keep you from seeing the edges of the map,
    > and the sudden drop into blue nothingness.
    >
    > All maps you imported will be mirrored on both axes. So up will be
    > down, and left will be right. =) Roads in Sims2 are smaller than
    > they appear in SimCity, so it can take some playing around before
    > you're comfortable with the scale. Keep playing around with it and
    > you'll make neighborhoods you're happy with.

    Thanks. I already got a neighborhood. :-)

    Ashikaga

Sims Games Video Games