Can you capture HDTV with only a firewire card and software?

Last response: in Home Theatre
May 4, 2005 6:46:50 AM

If you get one of those HDTV cable boxes with firewire output. Or do
you have to buy a HDTV tuner card?
May 4, 2005 5:26:21 PM

Yes, I used the information on this forum to do it.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=daafc9f...

Good luck.

Jeff

"John@Smith.com" <xxxxspud@newscene.com> wrote:

>If you get one of those HDTV cable boxes with firewire output. Or do
>you have to buy a HDTV tuner card?
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 5:46:01 PM

John@Smith.com (xxxxspud@newscene.com) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
> If you get one of those HDTV cable boxes with firewire output. Or do
> you have to buy a HDTV tuner card?

You need software that makes the STB think your PC is a D-VHS machine, a
FireWire card for the computer, and a FireWire cable. :)

Check out AVS Forum in the "HDTV Recorders" and "Home Theater PC" forums
for details on the free software you need to install.

--
Jeff Rife |
| http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/OverTheHedge/ToDo.gif
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 5:36:57 AM

On Wed, 4 May 2005 13:46:01 -0400, Jeff Rife <wevsr@nabs.net> wrote:

>John@Smith.com (xxxxspud@newscene.com) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
>> If you get one of those HDTV cable boxes with firewire output. Or do
>> you have to buy a HDTV tuner card?
>
>You need software that makes the STB think your PC is a D-VHS machine, a
>FireWire card for the computer, and a FireWire cable. :)
>
>Check out AVS Forum in the "HDTV Recorders" and "Home Theater PC" forums
>for details on the free software you need to install.

Yeah I saw that but they dont make it clear what hardware you need in
the orig post , in regards to whether you need a TV card or not.
Thanks Ill try it.
!