Cannot remove Read-Only

gregmull

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
OK, So I am trying to remove the read-only from a game I have because I cannot save anything.
I have permissions, I have tried the attrib command in dos, and nothing is working it just reverts back to read only. Any ideas?

TitusFFX

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
have to tried to remove the read-only properties from it's parent directory inside of the programs folder in safe mode? It should ignore the normal revert feature windows security provides.

Also which game is it there may be a reason it's reverting, especially if it's copyrighted files *those are impossible to remove unless you have the certificate from their computers*

gregmull

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
The game is Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.
The directory is C:\Program files (x86)\Atari\Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
I have tried removing the read only status from Program files, atari and the roller coaster tycoon files individually. The process goes through all the files then closes out the properties but when I open the properties again its read only again. I have tried it in safe mode also with the same results. Like I said earlier I also tried the attrib -r command in dos and it doesn't give me an error it just doesnt fix the problem.
Thanks for the response, hope this gives you a little more info.

gregmull

Distinguished
May 26, 2011

^^
This did not seem to work for me. Even after creating the new administrator account, I had to setup a whole new career and it is stil read only and I cannot save.
Any other ideas?