More memory or clocked higher CPU?

Hi,

I have a a 3800+ x2 cpu OC'd to 2.4ghz but it is not stable when i play World in Conflict. I've decided to clock it down to stock so that it won't restart while I'm in the middle of the game. If I clock it down should I use my extra 1gig of ddr675 along with my 2gig of ddr800 or should i dump the 1gig and keep the 2 gig and raise the CPU to 2.2ghz?

Thanks for the advice.
7 answers Last reply
More about more memory clocked higher
  1. I'll give you candy if you help me
  2. Peer Pressure
  3. Thanks for the response,
    (now, not to sound like an *******)

I am not in the position to upgrade any of my equipment. To paraphrase, I wanted to know if I should clock the processor at 2.2ghz and pop in the other 1gig of ram to get me at a total of 3g OR keep the settings I have now with 2gigs of ram and find a way to get the processor at 2.4ghz stable.
  4. More memory.
  5. It's also possible that you have a PSU problem. One sign of a PSU problem is instability under heavy CPU/graphics load.
  6. Does it matter that the 2gigs is ddr2 800mhz and the 1gig is 675mhz. Would this screw up clocking the processor?

P.S. jsc: I'm looking into getting a better PSU; I have the Cool Master 500W PSU and someone before has mentioned that it isn't a reliable PSU; the processor gets to 65C before it restarts, it could be a fail-safe for the processor or MB since I've heard that AMDs start to melt at that temperature.
  7. Black Bush
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Memory