problem with ati radeon9800?

outro

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2007
Hi all...

İ have a problem with my comp. but dunno what the problem is.
I have a note on my lcd tv ( hyundai l19t ) video mode not supported
and sometimes the monitor turns its self off.. and sometimes its frozens. i cant move the mouse or my keybord does not work.

i have tried to change the resolution and refresh rate ( 60 mhz to 75 mhz ) it did not worked.

i have tried to re-install the windoxs xp, download the latest version of video card driver and latest driver of my lcd tv.
but they didnt help either...

i have tried to start it safe mode but sometimes the same things happen in safe mode.

i just think that some of the settings in bios might be changed.however while i was in bios checking the settings it gets frozen.... and i have to push restart button but it didnt worked too. i turnd off the comp and wait about 5 min. after that the comp seems to load the windows but in a few minutes samething happens again.......

is the problem my video card or the lcd tv or software...

can someone help pls....

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Hardware wise the 9800 has always been a pretty reliable bit of kit for me. The only trouble I had with mine was the cooling solution recently crapping out, fan was still spinning up but a little noisily. I would get corruption and lockups in 3D and dvd playing and other weirdness.

Might be worth ruling out heat as a problem, just take the case panel off and point an 80mm fan or whatever you have laying around at it and see if it improves.

Karl