Feb 24, 2008
PC specs:
430W supply
Abit ip35-E mobo
gksill 2gig ram 6400 cas5
intel 6750
evga 8600GT
vista ult.

Im using speedfan to check temperatures in my rig. On default with no programs to load the CPU or anything (just normal programs....ie, messenger, word....running) its showing:

System 26C
CPU 17C
AUX 36C
Temp 50C (with a warning flare/fire next to it)
Core 0 9C
Core 1 13C

Could someone explain to me the reading showing for temp (50C with the fire next to it? I assume its too hot...) it's listed as "Intel SMBus" under the configuration screen...but im not really sure what that means. So, what could be causing it to be so hot and what are some fixes i could try?

Thanks!

mweidler

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2007
you need to configure speedfan to get accurate temps. I dont have the link but if you look at evga.com and go to the forums they have a speedfan tutorial there.
Im using everest because it gives you individual core temp's. but Im not so sure how accurate any of them are. I hear you need a 15c offset on speedfan. If anyone knows more please correct me

honolululu

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007

Here are my guesses. Your ambient must be really low, all your temps look fine. Is is cold in your room?

System 26C: this is a motherboard sensor near your northbridge and maybe videocard (probably your Tcase after all)
CPU 17C: this is your Tcase (this is too cold for anything I know)
AUX 36C: I have no idea, but I get a -2C for one reading so you might just disregard. Close to a HDD temp. (this might be the northbridge sensor)
Temp 50C (with a warning flare/fire next to it) probably your video card core temp
Core 0 9C: cpu core 0 temp you need to add at least 15C
Core 1 13C : core 1, add 15C

About the flame. You tell Speedfan when to show a flame, so that should probably be set for 75C or 80C. Depends on who you talk to. I hear they run much higher just fine.

Anyway, read the tutorial is the best answer. Hope I helped a bit. Just guesses remember.

edit for format and wrong answers upon (reflection).