Sign in with
Your question

n00b question about q6600 overclocking

Last response: in Overclocking
February 25, 2008 6:21:23 PM

Hi,

I recently lucked out and got a Q6600 machine, but its a straight off the shelf type machine... The processor is a Q6600 Family: 6 Model: F Stepping B Ext. Family: 6 Ext. Model: F Revision G0. The board is a Intel Desktop board (DG33FB) --- yes, sad i know. and the memory is cheap Transcend RAM...

Questions:

a) is there any way of overclocking this setup (dont see any options in bios for this)
b) with the crappy ram, is there any hope of achieving anything close to a decent overclock?

thanks in advance
February 25, 2008 6:41:06 PM

Double check your bios, and check it well. If you have an Award bios ctrl+F1 unlocks special options.

Your the only person that would know if you can O/C your own PC. You'll rarely, if ever find, two exact configurations in a PC. If someone even has the slightest change from your configuration, I.E. the PSU's a different brand, it could change the way the PC O/C's. The best way find your PC's potential is read the O/C tutorial and try for yourself. the worst that could happen is you'll have to reset your Cmos a few times.

If you double check your Bios and find nothing. RMclock is a nice software based utility to O/C your CPU.

Hope that helps. :D 
February 25, 2008 6:53:51 PM

Thanks...

yep. checked the BIOS, and there are no OC settings... suppose Intel boards dont really have that feature.

anyways, took a look at RMClock, and it looks like it can throttle my CPU down, but i dont see anywhere i can overclock it... must be looking in the wrong place.

tx
!