onsound soundcard realtek hd manager no sounds

jay4000

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
i use my creative t6100 speakers and the onboard sound for my pc and my xbox 360 so i always unplug it then plug it back to my computer and every time i do this a pop up comes up saying i have connected a jack
but now realtek hd manger doesnt detect my speakers anymore and no sounds comes out

jay4000

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
i have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers on the realtek website and system restores but it still doesnt work
the speakers are fine as i still use it for xbox 360
i tried some normal pc speakers earlier on my pc and it still doesnt work
please help!

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Always post your specs when asking a question. I'm assuming a Gygabyte mobo. You never said if you checked the BIOS to see if the on board sound (azalia) got disabled.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
I know you don't want to hear this, but make note of your settings and default the BIOS, try optimized defaults and then short the pins if that doesn't work. If you have AHCI enabled make sure you enable it before booting up. No guaranty, but it is worth a shot.

On the off chance that the jack has been physically damaged from the frequent plugging/unplugging, it may be worthwhile to attempt to connect a front panel jack to the mobo headers, configure the audio manager to use them, and try that.