bigheadmikelove

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
Hello everyone,
First let me say that I am learning quite a bit here and I appreciate everyone's answers to all of my other questions. I am about to purchase a my first pc from the "ground up" and was rather interested in overclocking. I am looking into purchasing an OEM q6600 and I was wondering what are some quality heat sink and case fans to get...and also do I need to drill holes in my case to place the extra fans, where should I place them in the case, and how many exhaust fans to intake fans should I use... The overclock I'd like to achieve is 3.0ghz...(I know this isn't the greatest place to ask this but what ram is good DDR2 800 to OC with (2x2gb kits only pls) and what is a good 100 dollar board to OC with that is very reliable (sli not necessary)

btw I have an Antec case that is much bigger than my current emachine case that has 2 fans in the rear of the case and I will be using the 700w seasonic modular cabling PS

Thanks

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
If you're only going to OC to 3GHz on the Q6600, the Arctic Freezer Pro 7 should be adequate. Any drilling to add extra fans isn't necessary since 3GHz is a moderate OC.